Chapter 3: Shuichi

Shuichi walked into Phantom, looking around. Ouma normally beat him to the Café because he had a car, but he seemed to be here first.
Shuichi did a little excited clap and went to go sit down.

The clerk waved at Shuichi from across the Café. Since he and Ouma came here regularly,they were well known. Shuichi waved back, then looked at the door, waiting for Ouma to arrive.

While he waited, his mind trailed off to when he and Ouma were kids, when they used to play in the creek in the forest. Ouma would always splash Shuichi, soaking his clothes.
Shuichi always made the decision to bring extra.

Shuichi snapped out of his daze when a familiar figure approached the door. Ouma came crashing in, looking around hopefully. When he spotted Shuichi, he fake pouted dramatically. Shuichi laughed as Ouma sulked over towards their booth.

"Good to see you in good spirits." Shuichi teased as the a worker brought over their regular drinks.
"Very funny, Saihara." Ouma sighed as he flopped into the booth, taking a sip of his drink. "How goes work? Anything gruesome?"

Shuichi was used to this question.

Ouma always asked it, despite hating gore and blood. "No, but there was a robbery at the jewelry store near your place." Shuichi recalled. "30,000$ worth of jewelry stolen. It's quite a mystery."

Ouma shrugged playfully. "Nothing the forces very own Saihara can't solve!" He laughed his special laugh and Shuichi smiled softly. He's always found Ouma's laugh very attractive, whilst everyone else found it somewhat annoying.

Shuichi took a sip of his tea, looking at Ouma. "Anything new with you? Any gigs or whatever?" Ouma shook his head. "My manager called this morning while I was still asleep. Have to call her back later."

Shuichi knew this was a lie, but decided not to press. Ouma never slept, and when he did, he woke up before the birds. Whatever reason he had to ignore his manager was his to tell.

"By the way, Saihara.." Ouma rested his chin on his palm. "I noticed you're wearing that outfit I gave you. It seems I was right when I said you'd look good." Ouma grinned.

Shuichi flushed slightly. "Y-Yeah. I hadn't worn it before, so I decided to wear it today.. When you'd be able to see it." Ouma's smile faded and he blinked. "Why does it matter if I was the first to see it? It's an outfi-" Ouma was cut off by a ringing from Shuichi's pocket. He pulled out his phone and answered.

"Hello? Yes, It's Shuichi.. What?! Okay, Okay.. I'll be right there." Shuichi hung up and stood, lookimg at Ouma. "Sorry, Ouma.. I may have to cut this visit short." He said.

"W-What? Why? what happened?" Ouma stood as well.

"Mizuchi just gave birth."