Chapter 4: Ouma

It had been 2 days since Shuichi's son was born. When he heard the news in the Café, his heart had stopped. He wasn't ready to lose Shuichi.

Not yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ouma stood in the shower, water flowing down his face. He was supposed to visit Shuichi and Mizuchi tomorrow to see their new baby boy, Tooru.

Ouma punched the shower wall softly as water mixed with tears. It hurt to see the man he loved with a child that wasn't Ouma's.

He turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist and around his head. He looked at his phone and sighed. He walked to his bedroom and put on Sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt, then stalked over to his couch and turned on his TV.

He watched the screen, spacing out shortly after. He thought about Shuichi, His job, his cat, his manager.

Anything but that damn baby.

Ouma loved kids normally, and they loved him. He just didn't like this one.

It wasn't a problem. Ouma was a master of lies and trickery. He could put on a mask of happiness for an afternoon. That's all.

Ouma looked at his phone as it buzzed. It was his manager. He picked up the phone and held it to his ear.

"Yo." He said calmly, waiting for the eruption.

"Why didn't you ANSWER ME THIS MORNING?!" His manager shouted. There it was.

"I was asleep, Woman. Calm down." Ouma switched ears, his other one in extreme pain. "Also, watch your volume. My ear's Bleeding."

"Sorry, Sorry.. But no! You were most DEFINITELY not asleep! I know you, Ouma. You don't sleep." His Manager spoke harshly. "I know you had you're little 'date' as you do every Saturday, but you still need to answer me!"

Ouma laid down, sighing. "It's not a 'date'. He has a wife. And a son, now, aparently."

"Well, Congrats to him. Still, Ouma. You need to answer if able. It could be important." His manager said softly.

"Fine, Fine. What was it what you called for earlier?" Ouma scratched his nose while awaiting a response.

"I forgot."

"You FORGOT?!" Ouma said sharply. "How could you forget?!"
All he got in reply was dial tone.

He set his phone down, groaning.  "What a pain." Tragedy pawed up next to him, putting happily. Ouma reached over and pet his cat. He glanced at the clock on his wall.

9:30 pm.

Ouma didn't think he was sleeping tonight.