8. Quid Pro Quo

The principle wanted to have a talk with me so I followed him and found myself in his office and we started to talk.

P "So tell me, why we're you sitting in front of the school asleep? "

I couldn't tell him the truth the principal always likes to blabber to other people about what he has heard. Also he was someone who only saw parts of the picture and not the whole story. Because he liked to see things going his way and only his. So I told him a fib.

"I was at home when I heard someone break in. I heard them coming up the stairs to my room and had to make an escape somewhere to be safe and the only place I could think of was here. "

The principal was watching my eye movements carefully so I made sure no not look away when I talked and looked him straight in the eyes hoping it worked.

P "ok then but don't you have a phone or something or someone who can help you"

I thought about about Max and told another fib.

"No one I can think of pluse the intruders broke my phone so that I couldn't call for help"

The principal looked at me again and said.

P "alright that works for me then"

I thought the talk was over but he continued to talk to me weirdly.

P "so then since you have no one at your house that can protect you I will but you have to come to my house for protection I live alone."

This raised the red flags in my brain as soon as I heard that making me feel uneasy.

P "trust me I am someone who can protect you but it won't come cheep after all. "

Now I had a Siren in my head going off saying run away don't let him near you but the instant my body moved twords the door he blocked it with his body closing me into his room.

P "wanna know the price for my protection is"

I was hesatent to ask but need to stall so I could think of something to escape with or through so I said.

"What.. What's the price

He responded forcefully in his tone saying as a response.

P " YOUR BODY"

Before I could even think about anything else I felt a window behind me and as I me and against it I said.

"NOOOOOO"

And I busted out the 2nd story window and fell onto the concrete springing my ankle as I start to try and run away I with this pain in my foot I heard.

P "YOU CAN'T GET AWAY FROM ME FOREVER"

And as I run I didn't know anywhere else to go but back home I thought.

(Please don't let those beast men be there ready to take me)

And so I headed back home with tears in my eyes again and with a knot in my stomach I kept going till I got to the front of my house where a car was just starting to pull up and out stepped.