10. The Truth

We arrived at his house it was big and spacious making me wonder who he was again? We stepped out of the car and max said

Max "home, sweet home"

Then we walked inside. The place was bigger on the inside than the out if you could believe it. There were glass Shandelers dangling from the ceiling and a living room the size of a master suit! The place was filled with so much stuff that was expensive. But when we walked in I noticed one other thing he was alone. So I started to talk with him.

"So Max how long have you lived here? "

Max " About  5 years give or take a few weeks"

I thought to myself

Two years that's a long time to be alone I see why he wanted me now he was tired of being alone so I spoke

"Hey Max I didn't know you lived here this long but now that you have me I am sure your happier than when you were alone right? "

Max replied

Max "yes I am far more happier now then what I was then and.... Sam may I ask you something"

Sam "What.. What is it? "

Almost lost my composure there

Max "I trust you enough now to tell you about my past."

Then max started to talk about his past.

My life was born a happy one being born into the family of the famous dog toy company Bark & Bite. But one day those happy days came to an end. I was around 11 years old I was walking around the house and heard a loud BANG in a room close by to me. I opened up the door, my father was laying on the ground with a wound In his forehead and a glass pane broke. I didn't know what was going on all I knew was that he was on the floor bleeding out. I threw back my head and screamed loudly then I heard a rush twords the door. My mother popped in and saw what I saw and had a look of shock. She yelled for the butler and he came barreling over she told him something and he picked me up. He was running down the hallway when I heard my mother pleading then another BANG. I yelled "NOOOOOOOOO" as soon as I did the footsteps started to head for me. Luckily I was in the car with the butler in time for a get away. He drove me to here and gave me papers to sign saying that now I run the business. I was still uneducated so the butler sent me to your school where I met you. When the bell rang and everyone was talking I was wanting to run home but saw you go in a different direction and it made me curious. So I followed you and I am glad I did because once I walked in and heard you sing it was like a burden was lifted from my chest. And then from that moment onwards I wanted you to be mine because you make me happy.

(End of max talking)

I was shocked he lived through that horror all that must have been hard to trust anyone. Then he started to say something else.

Max "so since you know my past I have question for you"

"Y.. Yes"

Max " Will you.......