9

The cave illuminated yellow, and I looked back to see that Spike had ignited the flame in his mouth to a low burn. It made it to where we could see in front of us, but Dawn still used her sound to navigate. She winded around corners, sometimes pushing herself off the cave walls with her muscular legs.

She gave off one sound after the other, and every time they bounced back creating an image in her mind of her surroundings. She wasn't able to completely spread her wings in the cave, but instead kept them mostly forward and angled back.

"How does it look up there?" Grayson called.

"Just caves, we haven't seen anything different yet!" I shouted, and I continued looking for any other caves that lead off the main path. It didn't actually look like there was any, I looked back at Grayson and Spike. I looked at Spike's open maw, "its a wonder how they can hold fire for so long."

They're a whole different genus, Dawn told me, as she banked around another corner. They can do many things we can't, and we can do things they cant. Like-

Her body began to glow blue, illuminating the cave in a magnificent aura. I looked back at Spike who was staring back at us wide eyed, Grayson was to. The dragon snorted, and ignited into flames. I laughed,

"We have dragons at home that do that regularly," I said, and he immediately quenched his flame. He looked ashamed, but the fire in his maw didn't die out.

"Gods," Grayson said, and laid back on Spikes back.

"Are you guys sure there's even-" I began, but stopped when the cave began to change color. It wasn't just from Dawn's alpha display, but it was from the cove opening up ahead. I saw burst of red, white, and gold scattered across the cave walls. I squinted at the approaching light, and gasped as we met. When my eyes adjusted...we were in a whole new world.

Crystals extended towards the top of the cave that was over a mile tall. The cave itself extended as far as the eye could see, and dragons flew everywhere. There were even more dragons here than I usually see flying around Berk during the day. Dragons nested on the cliff tops with their eggs and hatchlings.

There where so many different species of dragons, species that weren't supposed to even exist. I saw many Svara's and Shalkar-drag's. I even saw other StarWings like Starfire and Eclipse. Giant spikes of ice extended from the sides of the cave, that dragons also used to rest from flying. The spikes were big enough to hold any dragon.

It's like their own world, Dawn whispered, and I looked back at Grayson who also looked as if he was seeing it for the first time. Its as if this is their own Hidden World.

"This is amazing," I told him, and he nodded.

"Agreed," He said.

Spike looked up at the swarming dragons, and gave them a sad look. "I was never supposed to leave," he whispered, and Grayson patted him on the side. "They probably thing they lost me, or that I'm-"

"If we do see them," Grayson said, "we'll make sure they know you're not."

I looked at them, and shrugged. Grayson mouthed the words, His family, and I knew what happened. Spike had been young, and knew he wasn't supposed to leave. Grayson must've went to go, but Spike followed because he wanted to see what the outside world looked like, or maybe just to get away from the limits of his home. Kinda like me. It'd almost two days since I left Berk.

Dawn tilted towards him, and I placed my hands on his side. He looked back at me, and gave me a dragony smile.

"I know how you feel," I told him, and he shook his head, but looked at ease. He faced back in the direction he was flying, and Dawn straightened out herself.