chapter 1

Chapter 1

I ran down the hall then I bumped into my maid, and she fell down on her butt with all the books dropped on the floor. Her dark brown hair glisten by the sunlight from the window on her right as she tries to pick up heavy books off the ground with her frail, pale body.

“I-i'm so sorry my lady! I was in a rush and i- i- '' she was cut off from my glare as i was helped by maids to get up.

“Never crash on me again. Or you'll be fired.'' I said with wide eyes filled with irritation. 

The main got up and walked fast, avoiding my gaze.

I then ran to my father's office with a story book in my hand and my face suddenly turned into  excitement and happiness.

I knocked on the wooden door to my father's office as my maid was behind me. The door was opened by  an old, handsome man with his silver hair glittering by the beautiful sunlight from the window as he bowed for me with a smile.

“Hi mister Sebastian, thank you for opening the door for me.” I smiled back in excitement.

“Daddyyy!!!” I ran to the person sitting at a desk surrounded by papers and books.

“I finished the book about magic!” I smiled while showing the blue book to my father, who was smiling while holding his smooth brown hair as he stared at me with the orange eyes.

“Good job sweetie! I'm proud of you!” he ruffled my black crimson hair and stared at my reddish brown eyes.

“What did you learn from the book?” my father said.

I smirked confidentiality.

“The book talks about each element like fire, water, earth and air. These are all common elements but they can be strong.” 

“The rare elements are freeze, plants, storm, sound and enchantment, more so barrier magic. But there are extremely rare elements such as light, darkness and space magic.'' I said with a clear tone in my voice.

“Very good Maria! But why do some people who possess such a rare element, still get called weak.” er father asked with a cold tone.

“Because even if your element is rare, it needs to be strong. It doesn't matter, the element will be useless when it's weak as paper.'' I said,

Father then leaned his chin on his arm while looking at me. “I'm sure you will have a very strong element.”  he smiled hopeful.

“Me too.” I said as I straightened my back with a confident smile. I will not disappoint my family honour!

When i left the door with a gleeful expression, i then met a boy with wavering dark brown hair and his glittering yellow eyes.

“Maria, did you finish your lesson?” he asked.

“Yes, brother Lian. Do you want to hear what I learned?” I smile anticipating.

“Sure.” he shrugged.

We then walked to the library and I talked about what I learned from the books. I really love him but he sometimes boats about himself and it's getting tiring.

We are supposed to go to church to see what element or attribute am I and I was so excited that I couldn't sleep! I wanna know now!

Next morning was very beautiful. The outside was breezy and full of life, the sun shined happily as i was being dressed by my maid in a white gown with sewn flower patterns at the end of the dress with tangles. My maids escorted me to the carriages pulled by horses and a kind old man with terrible clothes tried to help me up with it's dirty hands. I slapped his hand away from me, how dare he, a commoner touch a noble lady such as me.

I sat next to my mother and my brother sat next to my father and the carriage started moving.

We arrived at a very beautiful church, it's window showed an eye floating and shining like a light to bless people. The towers were decorated with patterns that moved like a floating water (explain more later)

There were kids who sat on the right side of the bench and I could see all of them wore white robes with sewn patterns and excitement in their eyes. I sat in the front row with other boys in their white robes with pink patterns. 

They called other kids names and put their hands on a transparent ball in front of the window, the eyes. The last one was me now as i was called by the old man with long beard that reached to the floor, his kind eyes glistened as the light glistened on his white priest robe. I just smiled with confidence when i walked to the transparent orb, i put my hand on it as my eyes were closed and i felt the energy flow back and forth to the orb and my palm. When i opened my eyes, i saw a priest that stared at me with disgust, all the kids laughing and looking down on me, my brother covering his face with shame, my father's face filled with disgust and disappointment and my mother's face was full of rage. I was confused but when i looked at a magical orb, all i could see was tiny black smoke as it was trying to get out of the ball.

“She's so weak, and is that dark magic?”

“I didn't know the nobles could be weaker than us!”

“I pity her…” Maria heard all the rumors behind her back and she wanted to curl up and die.