chapter 7

It has been two years since thons brother was born and her father found a new wife and the daughter will come in a month. She was so nice and doting but Maria felt off from her? It's probably nothing. Now she is 7 year old and still studying hard and everyone thinks of Maria as a genius that wasn't blessed by God. But everyone loved her little brother. Sometimes she wants to drown her little brother but she knew it wasn't worth it, it would all be the same even if he didn't exist. 

Albert, her fiance came for her tea party looking rather annoyed but Maria didn't mind his behavior, in fact he was the second one that was bearable.

They went to the backyard with a small white table and two chairs surrounded by beautiful flowers like yellow, white and violet. They sat down together while one of the maids was with them.

“My lady, do you wish for tea?” a maid with freckles and short brown hair smiled.

“Please do, and bring some biscuits for my dear guest.” Maria sat straight with thons smile. Thons maid left after crossing her legs then bowed before her lady.

“I'm so tired!” the prince Albert grunt.

“what's wrong?” maria said.

“my dad is piling up my studies and now I don't even have time to rest!” the prince Albert groaned. 

“That's a shame, I guess we will meet even rarely.”

“I know right!”

“but we can send letters each other.'' she smiled hoping for a good answer.

“how do you do that?” 

“you don't know how to write letters??" Thon looked at him oddly.

“i guess nobody thought it was useful or did the literature teacher forgot to-"' prince Albert was interrupted by marias maid as she carried biscuits on the tray and put the trays on the table and left with a sweet smile while the prince albert eyed her, charmed by her freckles. Maria saw it as it was quite obvious and became jealous.

“Prince Albert, are you interested in her.'' Maria sippet the tea then graciously put the teacup on a table as she asked.

“no!” Prince Albert got up from his chair and shouted.

“albert! Don't suddenly jump, other maids are here.'' Thon could see the blush from him as he gruntly sat back to his chair.

“So, do you read? If so, what's your favourite book?” Maria changed the topic quite fast.

“Adventures, I guess.”

“I read action and adventures too!” 

“Really, I thought you would be the type to read romance or something.” he looked at Maria weirdly.

“I guess i'm too cute for this.” she sarcastically said.

After a few minutes of talking and teasing, the maid finally arrived with biscuits and put it on the table. The silence filled the air as the maid nervously poured the tea for their teacups, as the only sound was the calming breeze.

“I hope you enjoy the biscuits, your majesty and your grace.” the maid smiled after leaving the alone again.

“Haaah, isn't there other things to do?” he yawned making it obvious to anyone nearby how bored he was.

“Yeah, i have one place to show you. It's very calming and nice.'' Maria got up from her seat and packed the biscuits in her handkerchief and tied it tight for her to carry it freely.

“Let's go then, it's probably boring too. '' he complained.

Maria pov:

We walked to the forest garden together in silence. He was just grunting all the way through and I hated his attitude now, his whiny attitude was so annoying. We stepped into the forest and kept walking on the walking path as Prince Albert kept  whining how I'm so weak even if he's breathing so heavily and it was nothing to me.

We reached the river and followed the river to the bridge covered in vines and plants.

“Why are we here?” he asked impatiently while dusting off dirt on his shoulder.

“This is my favourite place, not many know this but they are aware there is a bridge here. It's so soothing and beautiful. Isn't it?” I stared at the sky as I took a deep breath. The air was fresh, the bridge was all good and I could hear the birds' songs. This is like hea-

The bridge handle broke down as my legs failed me, it was fast as I fell into the deep river. My clothes are soaked, my hands are paining and I feel so cold…

I struggled to get up so much and tried to get air. I felt my lungs filled with water as it was heating up. I felt the pain as the water got into my nose but I kept struggling, struggling so hard to swim to the surface but the river was pulling me deeper.

It was so cold in a river and I was so tired, I wanted this to end fast so I would not have to suffer more. But the freezing feeling I got all over my body now felt warmer, then more warmer till I was buring. I could not see at this point as my consciousness was fading, i cant handle it anymore…

A/N: what pronouns are better? They/them or thon/thons? Comment down so I can know.