chapter 2

Chapter 2

It has been a month since the incident and all of the people in the dukes mansion now look at her with pity, but all maria thought was they were just a jealous commoners who cant have wealth like her but her parents started to slowly ignore her but her brother still was with her, doting, spoiling and giving her affections.

That's when the maids announced her while she was watching her brothers mesmerizing sword training, the winds she could feel when he swung his sword.

“My lord, your father called you to his office immediately.” the maid bowed. Maria then got up with excitement glittering in her eyes.

“My father!!” she screamed childishly.

“Yes, my lord.'' The tired maid nodded and Maria had a sudden explosion of energies as she kept jumping around like an excited bunny. The tired maid guided Maria to her father's office and when she was about to knock, the door was opened by a tall man with short dazzling orange hair, his eyes shined like an old oak but filled with disgust. Maria noticed he wore very formar with his greyish brown vest, his tight pants and his brushed up hair. He stared at maria very uncomfortably as his gaze made maria tremble under her feet and sweat profoundly, even the maid trembled but tried not to show it.

He then scoffed, leaving the room with daze without the word, leaving both of the people speechless.

They walked in, marias hand being sweaty from excitement. And a maid, still don't give a damn. Maria saw her father with his expressionless face he has been having these days and her mother who had a smile of n angel compared to what maria saw at the church, the mthe who wanted to kill her suddenly changed her aura around mari, but maria felt some dark lingering hate dancing in her mother's eye as she greeted maria so sweetly.

“Uh, mother and father, what business do i have to be invited to your office.” Maria asked with a strict expression on her face, she didn't smile, she didn't run to them for a hug because she was afraid that they would hate her when she crossed the line.

“Very well, we will get to the point. We were arranging your birthday coming of age party, we are inviting all of the novels so you can establish a connection with them. Please don't disappoint me, after all, it's for the honour of our family name.'' The father smiled so sweetly with a feeling of trickery.

"I'm sure you are going to be a fine girl to be a queen! I would never doubt that." She hugged me to her chest tightly as I felt the warmth. It was soothing and euphoric. her nails got digging into my neck, but I kept still, I didn't want her to hate me because I rebelled.

“You will be so useful for your family.” her cold tone froze me there as her neck started to cut to Maria's skin, she knew what her mother meant.

“Honey I know you love our genius child, but you are strangling her to death sn enough.” the father chuckled.

‘It was not funny.’ Maria thought. She did not like the joke. But at least her mother let go of her claws and went back to her seat.

"And we will have a new member in our family. She's the daughter of the mistress and has a powerful light attribute. I couldn't just let her talent go to waste." He smiled but the mother wasn't happy, she glared at him with anger and hate. I felt the same, but i had to bottle it up because i didn't want to disappoint my father.

"I hope you all welcome her as our family member." But none of them in the room liked the idea, including the father whose smile widened into a sadistic grin. In the end, all they cared about was power and title.

"Oh! And the coming of age ceremony will be next week. So I already prepared a dress and jewelry for you to wear for that day." 

"Wait, I trained my swordsmanship with the knights, I would love for you to see it.” she smiled expectantly as her hand gripped the book tightly. But he only stares back with disappointment.