Chapter 41: Ring, Ring

It amazes me how beautiful some people look even when they don't think that themselves. Lara has been saying for a while that she's been looking fat because of her baby, and yet, she just looks stunning. Especially in her wedding day makeup and hair. Because today, she's going to look more beautiful now that she's officially a part of my family.

Through all the moving around, with the fluffing of the makeup brushes, the swiping of the eyeliner, and the massaging of the lipstick, I awe at how Lara's curled hair framed her face beautifully.

I admire how she looks like a goddess even though she may think otherwise at this time of her life. I admire how she just looks perfect on this day, when she's about to marry the man that she loves so dearly. It's been a good month so far. This day is definitely the day in which everyone's month has been made just by thinking about it.

I also admire how different I look in the mirror right now. I look like all of my features were enhanced, and in the best way possible. The most natural cat eye is complimenting my green eyes beautifully, and the lipstick color is just tying this entire look like the ribbon on the present. I'm so happy with everything that's going on right now. I'm even happier with the fact that Lara looks like she's going to fall in love again when she's done.

"Guys, I just want to say thanks for putting up with my pregnancy hormones and my stress throughout this time. You guys are all awesome." Lara looks at all of us with a large smile.

I smile at her, as I tug a little bit at a loose hair in my updo. "You're good. Thanks for putting up with me during my fuss throughout the writing process."

Lara smiles. "Still can't believe you're getting published. I'm just so proud of you, Nicole." I chuckle. I can't believe it either. But I can't believe that I'm actually here to see my brother get married. I can't believe that I get to see him marry the love of his life, when he's in the most enchanted that he's been in a while. I thought that I would never get to see the day that my brother would get to marry someone like Lara. Now, we're here, and I'm actually fairly happy.

"I can't believe it either. That agent made an amazing offer. But I can't believe how good the makeup is. The concealer covered up all my dark circles."

Lara raises an eyebrow at my admiration. "Nicole, are you okay? Did you have nightmares?" I gulp, and nod. I hate lying to people, and I'm not about to lie to Lara on her wedding day. Or any day for that matter.

"A few. They haven't gone away, of course. I'm still not able to sleep some nights. I'm still scared that he's out there."

Lara gives me a slightly guilty look, as the hairstylist finishes up her hair. "Okay, Madam, you're done." I lean over to the mirror to see how her makeup and hair is looking. Surely enough, Lara is looking fabulous. She looks absolutely gorgeous with the naturally, slightly smokey, eye that's applied, along with the blush and highlight that's accentuating her full cheeks. The half up half down hairstyle is looking absolutely gorgeous on her, and suits her.

Lara's mom comes over, with her own hair done, and just gawks at how gorgeous her daughter looks. "Lara, that's so beautiful. You look beautiful." Her mom kisses the top of her head, as Lara gives her a big bright smile. Elena comes over, with her own hair looking like she actually decided to comb it for once, and smiles.

"I have considered you family for a while, but now today I can actually call you family. Officially. This is an awesome day."

Lara smiles, and we all just smile as the photographer just continues to take pictures. "Okay, lets get the gown on." She gets up, steadying herself on the vanity so that she doesn't fall over and ruin her look, and she goes over to the hanger so that she can try to put on her dress. Surely enough, it doesn't take long, and before you know it, she's got her flowing dress on.