Chapter 42: Semi Happy Ending

Dom and Lara left for their honeymoon to Croatia a few days ago. I'm still in the post wedding party attitude. I still feel the sense of adrenaline that I once had when I was on the dance floor. I don't know how long it will take it for the adrenaline to leave my system. But I know what's fighting it right now.

I feel like since they left, my memories have been haunting me at the worst times during the day. They spring on me at the worst times, and the times that can prove to be highly inconvenient. Whether I'm in the shower, writing an email, or just talking with Elena, they just come and haunt me.

I'm glad it wasn't before the wedding, but if it was before the wedding, no amount of concealer on my face that day would've been able to conceal the dark circles under my eyes due to the lack of sleep.

Really, the only people I have right now are my dad, my other siblings, Nina, and Ash. Emily is still working like hell at her job, which is fine, but I really need more people to talk to. The house feels kind of empty without Dom and Lara. But, I make use of what I have

I'm standing in the kitchen, making pancakes for my dad and I, when he wheels into the kitchen. "Nicole, you look awful. Did you get any sleep last night?"

I gulp, and say, "No, to be honest." I place the pancakes onto the plate, and then  put a plate in front of my dad.

"Do you want to talk about it? I know I'm not as good as Dom, but do you still want to tell me what you're going through?"

I grab a nice big cup of coffee, and sit down in front of my dad. "Yeah. That actually doesn't sound like that bad of an idea." I smile, and then proceed to tell my dad about all the nightmares I've been having lately. I know it's part of my PTSD, but it's all just so haunting. It haunts you to feel like you're in that situation again. And to feel everything that you went through while the incident happened. For me to feel all the pain, pressure, and anxiety throughout that time is just so unsettling.

My dad just sits and listens to everything that I have to say. "Nicole, I know it's hard, but we're here for you. I actually love it when my kids sit down and they talk to me about everything that's going on. If you need me, you know you can just wake me up. I'm old, I've dealt with people waking me up at abnormal times."

I snicker, thinking back to the days when he would tell us tales of when Elena would randomly scream in the middle of the night whenever something was wrong, waking everybody up. Ah, the good times.

"Okay, will do. Thanks, Dad."

He gives me a smile, and says, "Oh yeah, what are you going to do for lunch. Dom's not here, and Lara's not here, and I can tell you don't want to cook. I can cook something if you want."

I shake my head. "I'll order some pizza. I'm craving bread, sauce, and cheese this morning."

My dad chuckles a little bit, and says, "Okay, that's fine. Just make sure to put-"

"Olives and sausage. I know your pizza order like I know how to do a smokey eye," I call, as I go into my room to get some clothes for after my shower.

***********

"Okay, Nicole, you are not going to believe this," Ash tells me, as I walk out of the room to wait for the pizza. He sounds like someone just scored a last minute point for a game and won it.

"How can I believe it if you haven't told me?"

I hear him sigh, and then he says, "Not the point. So Tina the Thot showed up at my door again. Then, my dad shows up, and takes her off my property. He told me that she won't bother me again. Should I believe him?"