There Was No Fluffy Bunny

Once upon a time, there was a bunny. Patches of his fur were missing, one of his ears had a hole in it, he had small burns and scratches, his body was smothered in scars, and he had a cut on his chest. He was bleeding badly. He didn't mind though, or didn't care, either way it didn't matter. His white fur was smothered in black blood, it almost seemed to crawl across his body. He wiggled his tail stressed. He had dealt his cards once more with his enemy, a purely white bunny who was famous for his black ink blot stained cheek.

The bunny gave his enemy a good hit to the back of the skull in payment for the cut on his chest. He coughed and rubbed his paw against his eye. Flacks of crusty black blood fell. He wasn't sure what color his fur was anymore with the blood, missing patches, and dirt. His ears twitched on high alert for if his enemy came around, though, he was pretty sure he got away. He laid down and sighed but needed not rest. He just waited, they'd find him again and accuse him of tormenting their universes along with everyone else.

He leaned his back up against a tree minding his many injuries. It hurt like hell and only opened up fresh markings. He groaned and rubbed his paws to his nose.

He felt blood trickle across his sides and shivered at the feeling. He felt it's warmth and smelt it's metallic smell much to his dismay. He heard them. His ears twitched, they found him. Oh, the sound of yells were never music to his abused ears.

_______________

Error was asleep after Nightmare forcefully put him to sleep. He planned to keep him there for as long as needed, but Error would wake up as soon as his magic let go. After all, Error did not need sleep. Or so he says. Nightmare kept his eyes on Error and watched as his magic swarmed Error who was turned to the side snoring softly. He was smiling, that was for sure. Nightmare found a stash of old good dreams given to him by Dream decades ago and given them to Error. Though Error couldn't feel much of anything whether it were good or bad, he knew what he was feeling or suppose to feel. As of now, he felt something happy. Nightmare, although weakened by the surplus of positive energy Error was radiating, didn't leave. He was there to make sure Error stayed asleep and didn't have nightmares. Even Nightmare had a soul, and he cared very deeply for his family. Something nobody outside his family needed to know.

A knock at the door made him flinched and take him out of his trancelike state. He turned his attention to the door and, though slightly annoyed, gave his full attention to the intruder. Killer, someone portrayed as nothing more than a killing machine. He smiled tiredly at the figure sleeping before looking over at Nightmare who was waiting patiently. "I was wondering when you were coming out, and Blue is here with info." He said and after, sighed. Nightmare nodded and turned his attention back to Error who turned over.

Killer knew that Nightmare didn't like Error in a romantic way, he liked Cross. They were dating and had been for a while. However, Nightmare did care a lot about Error, be it for his restless nature or stubbornness to not wanting help. He quietly closed the door and dragged his feet down the staircase. He wished he could help but he wasn't sure how to. Error didn't normally sleep, he didn't eat, he didn't know what eating was, and he never stop to just sit and relax. He was constantly urged to sit still and relax even for a couple seconds. What was Killer to do?

He sat down on the couch next to Cross who was twiddling his fingers. He must be concerned for Error as much as everyone else.

Blue faked a cough to get everyone's attention. He looked up the staircase and sighed before turning his attention back to the skeletons. He wasn't smiling, if anything, he looked to have been crying. Faded sticky tear streaks littered his face and the bags under his eyes said he either hadn't slept or was stressed. He intertwined his fingers and spoke with a cracked voice, "They want to ambush Error. Ink has a formula made up that will forcefully rip Errors soul apart. He plans to weaken Error and then use it on him. I know Error can't die, but I'm not sure he could keep it up after this." Blue explained.

Blue was going to every meeting Ink set up just to see what was being planned or what was going on. Knowing just as much as everyone if not more about Error, he had to make sure he was okay. He hadn't slept in a couple days and his attitude was drastically changing towards his brother. He had refused to eat and his Hp was low, almost half. He was forgetting about self care and it only had worry upon worry from everyone. He no longer faked a smile as there was no need since his appearance said otherwise.

Cross stared at Blue with much concern having known Blue for having a crush on Error. Error had a crush on Blue he just didn't know what it meant. However, with Blue looking the way he did there was no way Error would even see his lovable, taco making friend.

He looked towards the staircase and started to get up, Killer grabbed his arm and said, "If you're trying to get him out he won't listen."

Cross nodded in response and Killer let go. Cross reluctantly forced one foot in front of the other to see his beloved octopus. He felt his limbs creak and ache. His body was covered in small scratches from past fights between him and the Star Sanses. He rubbed tiredness from his eye sockets and forced the door open. He didn't bother to knock.

He stared at Error who was swarmed by Nightmares magic. It had a tight hold on his mind, was it suppose to hold it that tight? Was Fate trying to wake Error up? He wasn't sure nor was he going to ask. It wasn't his business. "Hey Nightmare, how long you plan on holding him?" He asked sitting beside him. Nightmare wrapped his arm around Cross' waist and pulled his body towards his. "I don't want to hold him any longer than what I have to, ten more minutes at least. Why?" He asked nuzzling into Cross' neck. "Blue said they plan on ambushing him and pouring some kind of formula on his soul to rip it apart." He stated. Nightmare huffed. "I can't hold Error here any longer than I need to, so if you want me to force him in this state longer then no." Nightmare said. "I guess I should be leaving then, I have to get ready. I love you." He said and left. Nightmare gave a quiet 'I love you too' back. He looked around the room to see a small book laying on Errors dresser. He picked it up. It had a black leather cover and had a picture of a smoothly painted bunny stitched into it was blue strings. He noticed Comic Sans font at the bottom in gold ink. He opened it and started reading.

______________

The bunny looked up at his attackers and sighed in irritation. Was he to ever to shake them off longer? He had been beaten and injuries were left and right. He hadn't dared himself to stand knowing only the worse to come if he did. His famous enemy smiled pridefully. He held his weapon in hand, ready to end this bunny's evil antics of destroying his beloved creations.

The bunny closed his eyes, he remembered a time when he was left to his own devices and at peace with himself. When he didn't have a care. When he wasn't hunted and had a life worth living. He remembered a story once told to him.

'Once upon a time, there a fluffy bunny...'

______________

"Error, forgive me for not helping you when there was still time."