There Was No Cop or Victim

Cosmo was taken to the Star Sanses base with his flower in hand. He whispered sweet nothings to it after sitting at the big table by Blueberry with slight trouble. Every Sans to ever exist sat at the table. Cosmo sat at the table for precautionary measures, and questions needed answers. Outer sat beside him looking both tired and annoyed. Cosmo hugged his older brother who asked if he was okay. Blueberry picked up Cosmo and wrapped his arms protectively around Cosmo. He dared anyone of these skeletons to touch his little brother (except Carrot).

Dream sat across from Cosmo as he mumbled things to his flower. Why would a child talk to a flower? More so, it wasn't a Flowey. He shook it off assuming he was not being very social amongst other kids his age. Dream felt oddly strange when near this child. He felt happy and innocent but also scared and... wait... lonely? Why would he be lonely? Much less, for what reason? He wanted to know why but whenst searching further came to confusion. Why would he feel confused? Yes, it's been an eventful day for him but this confusion was from something different. It was almost like he was forgetting something important and didn't know why. Dream sighed quietly before letting it go, and looking over at Ink who looked annoyed. "He called me short." He mumbled to Dream who giggled lightly before smiling at how annoyed his friend looked. He decided to take control. He stood up and said, "So, this is Cosmo, since the problem we're having revolves around him you all can ask one question each. I'll go first." He explained.

He sat down and waved at Cosmo who beamed at the bright colors the skeleton wore. "Hi Cosmo, I'm Dream, I would like to ask a question, okay?" He asked gently. "Okay, what?" He asked. A familiar aura was radiating off Dream and Cosmo was bathing in it. "How did you end up at your brother's doorstep?" He asked softly. Cosmo blinked before looking up at Blueberry. Cosmo clearly didn't know how to answer that. "Oh, well, a note and this flower we're with him, his mother entrusted us with him because we're skeletons. I'm not sure where his mother is and I don't anything else." Blueberry explained. Dream sighed having gotten nothing useful. He looked to his left to see Hearts (Underlust Sans).

Cosmo awed at the heart shaped eye lights in this skeleton eye sockets. However, he knew who he was even though they'd never met. "You're Hearts, Handy said your AU was very affectionate, you kiss other people and stuff, right?" Cosmo asked. Outer lightly growled though curious. Hearts nodded his head nervously. Cosmo wiggled out of his brothers grip before running over to Hearts and asking to be held. Hearts hesitated before picking Cosmo up who pecked his forehead. Blueberry and Carrot both had a flaming eye socket daring him to try anything stupid. Knowing his AU, there was no doubt he'd do something stupid. "Okay, I guess it's my turn, so who's Handy?" Hearts asked.

That was a good question, who was Handy? The only people who knew were the ones in Gardnertale. Blueberry and Carrot had only heard the name and even though Carrot knew (though very little) he wouldn't know how to hit something he couldn't see. Cosmo looked around. "I don't know where he is, but he said he was a Gaster from Outertale. He said he was a doctor that helped other monsters. They didn't like him so they locked him in a vase. I found him in the forest and now we're best friends." Cosmo explained. Outertale left the room and looked clearly pissed off. Carrot went after him in an attempt to calm him down. After all, they knew each other better than anyone (except Undertale Sans, Classic).

Hearts looked over at his counterpart, Red (Underfell Sans). Cosmo had asked to sit in his lap and felt the fluff on his hoodie. "It's so soft." He mumbled. Red would have chuckled if this kid wasn't so close to his face. His face was smothered in red dust that had both Hearts and Edge (Underfell Papyrus) snickering. Cosmo sat on the table and waited patiently for Red to ask a question. "Why's your face red?" He asked innocently. "Well, um, I don't feel to good." He lied. Cosmo hugged him and said, "When my brothers don't feel good, a hug always helps." Red was a tomato now, but he hugged Cosmo gently who smiled and eventually let go. "So, what do you want to ask?" he asked patiently. "So, why were you talking to that flower over there?" He asked. Outer popped his head in as he very badly wanted an explanation. Handy wasn't in Gardnertale when they went back but he did to tear this place apart. Cosmo smiled sadly before saying, "Mama talks to me through the flower and I tell her all kinds of things. She told me Cosmo's were her favorite flower, that's how I got my name." He explained. He stared at his flower lovingly.

Outer was happy he went back to get it then. The kid didn't want his flower, he wanted his mother. Papyrus realized his smol brother's mother wasn't gone, just in a bad situation she probably didn't want to be in.

"What's she's like?" Cosmo looked over seeing Outer in the doorway. He looked thoughtful. Cosmo never stopped smiling, something about his mother made him feel happy. "She's sweet and says she loves me, she told me that my brothers will take good care of me, and she says that she'll protect me, and... she misses me... and..." Cosmo was on the verge of crying and buried his face into Reds sweater and eventually started crying softly. "I missed mama." He mumbled.

'Don't worry, I'll always be watching you my little Cosmo.'

Cosmo gave a sad smile. No one else heard it, this was for Cosmo, and only him.

'It's not nice to ignore everyone else honey, be a big boy for me, okay? Then I'll tell you a story, alright?'

Cosmo sighed shakingly and wipped his face with his sleeve. He said okay to his mama and answered questions left and right. From the brothers of Swapfell, to Storyshift, to Fresh Sans (who doesn't have an AU in this book). Cosmo sat in Reds lap the entire time snuggled close to his sweater and gripping his jacket to wrap around him. Eventually, Red zipped his jacket around himself and Cosmo who smiled and seemed happy with himself. The last people in the room that were to ask questions were the Original bro's, Undertale Sans (Classic) and Papyrus (Pap). So they did. "What was it like in Gardnertale?" Pap asked. Cosmo went on and on about all the flowers Buttercup told him about and how they grow, and how Plum had excellent cooking skills. Both brothers seemed to have grown on Cosmo without knowing it. He was so kind and honest. It was unsure whether it was because of his soul trait or because of his brothers, either way it was good. Classic chuckled before asking his question. "So, what's Outertale like, kid?" He asked kindly. Cosmo went to tell about all the constellations he saw and the ones that Outer pointed out to him. Those last couple questions were very casual questions as there wasn't much to ask. So many questions were asked and Cosmo just seemed too honest. Like lying was bad. He  yawned and rubbed his eye sockets. "I guess I'm done then." He said. "And it's time for bed." He heard Blueberry say. Red mouthed 'I'll take him.' Cosmo smiled at his brother and Red unzipped his jacket. He picked up Cosmo and his flower and went upstairs to Blueberry's room. Red sat to flower on the nightstand before laying beside Cosmo, something he used to do for Edge. He waited for Cosmo to fully be asleep, but eventually fell asleep himself.

________________

"You feel that?"

"Feel what? That energy, it's not any different from any other happy energy."

"It's off, I can't put my finger on it."

"If if makes you feel better, I got time to check it out."

"Tomorrow, I'm exhausted."

"Whatever floats your boat dude."

_______________

Once upon a time there was a cop and a victim...

_______________

So hi, I'm back with another chapter! I hope you like it and in the next couple of  chapters I will be addressing a certain reader who read my book Lost Cause or Lost Cause: Growing Up. Either way, I will tag them next chapter. Thank you for all the funny little things you comment! You all make my day!

Anyway, I will see you next chapter peeps!

Cosmo: *peeks head in* is she gone yet? Oh, she is. Oh, there are other people here. Um, uh... hi? I'm Cosmo. It's nice to meet you.