There Was No Baker

Cosmo licked syrup off his fingers. He's never had pancakes because Blueberry said they were messy and sticky. However, Edge thought differently. Edge, Cosmo, and some other Papyrus' were up. Some were leaving to their AUs while others with doing their own thing. Edge had made about twenty pancakes for Cosmo who was in his fifth one. For a toddler he had a big appetite. Edge sat across from Cosmo drinking coffee and watching Cosmo in slight amusement.

"Feze (its suppose to be spelt like that) are *swallows* really good, can you teach me how to make these?" Cosmo asked. His face was covered in syrup. Edge chuckled and wiped Cosmo's face. "How about you just watch me for now, I don't think you can reach the stove by yourself-"

"I can mix the stuff, yeah, I can mix the pancakes. I promise I won't eat them till you say so. I promise, please?" Cosmo begged. Edge chuckled, this kid was very much like him. Edge remembered when he would beg his older brother to teach how to make spaghetti. When asked why he didn't ask Undyne, he would respond with "she breaks everything" or "she's not cool enough to breath the same air as me". He'd get offended when his brother would laugh at how dramatic he was. Edge wasn't dramatic, he just... was a little bit... on the over exaggeration side. Yeah, that was the word. His brother dared to call the Coolest Papyrus dramatic? Ridiculous to say the least. Edge patted Cosmo's skull and slightly smiled. Weirdly enough, it wasn't for the enjoyment to kill anything. "Okay, but there's only two packets left and there's only a small bit of the ingredients left." He stated. Cosmo gasped and jumped up and down, assumingely from sugar and joy.

Within the hour, there was a mess. Edge had a sticky clump of pancake batter on the top of his skull, flour had small particles falling out of it into the heap on the floor, Cosmo had sugar and blueberries sticking to his bones, there was pancake batter shaped into a beard on Edge's back, and there was a burnt pancake on the stove. Edge and Cosmo sat on the floor laughing and eating the pancakes made the hour before Cosmo 'helped'. Edge had a pancake on his skull and was told he was wearing a hat. It was a moment worth remembering and Cosmo had never had so much fun. He 'learned to cook'. "Can we *giggle* do that again sometime, please Edge?" He asked. Edge patted Cosmo's skull leaving a handprint on his skull. It only made him smile more after having laughed at their own silliness. "Sure Cosmo, maybe you can be as great as a cook as me one day." He said. Cosmo gasped and his eye lights changed to stars. He wrapped his arms around Edge who, surprisingly, didn't hesitate to hug back.

Edge had never felt so happy.

Dream came downstairs after Plum told him to come look at the kitchen. He was told to be quiet. The amount of positive energy coming from the kitchen was hard to ignore. Whenst peeking his head in he saw something that left him shocked but smiling in spite of it. Edge and Cosmo sat on the floor laughing, eating pancakes, and covered in pancake ingredients. He took his phone out and took a picture. Never had he felt sick happiness come off of Edge. "What did I tell you?" Plum whispered, Dream forgot he was standing there. "Considering what they did making a mess, they shouldn't clean it. I can only imagine what they'd do with cleaning supplies." Dream stated. Plum could imagine Cosmo mistaking Ink's paintbrush as a broom and Ink freaking out. It did make sense though since he did call his paintbrush "broomie". Not a creative name for someone who created AUs (ROASTED by Plum).

"WHAT IS THIS?!"

Blueberry had teleported to the kitchen after finding Cosmo not in his bed. Edge was quick to take note that Blueberry acted more like a mother towards Cosmo than a big brother. Cosmo basically curled into a ball figuring he was in trouble. He was. "We were making pancakes and-"

"Pancakes?! You know those will rot your teeth!"

Blueberry was practically yelling and Cosmo was on the verge of crying. When his older brother yelled, his nonexistent ears rang as he had very sensitive hearing. Blueberry had taken notice and so he lowered his voice and softened his look. "Cosmo you can't make pancakes with you age, you're-"

"I allowed him to, I didn't know. My apologies, I didn't mean to let things get out of hand. He just looked so happy when we were making pancakes," Edge interrupted. Though, he also lied. Cosmo told him and he wouldn't have it. A kid that never tasted pancakes was, in his opinion, child abuse (mentally). Children deserve to have sugar no matter the size. Blueberry sighed and gave a smile to the two. "Just... don't do it again, come here Cosmo, let's get you cleaned up." Blueberry said. Cosmo, having got his happy energy back ran up to his brother and grabbed his hand trailing powdery flour and sugar behind him. Blueberry scowled at Edge who smiled nervously. For once, Edge was scared of something as innocent as Blueberry.

Cosmo followed his brother upstairs passing Plum and Dream. Blueberry had whispered a small "send that pic to me" before continuing his walk up the stairs. He stripped Cosmo of his pancake covered clothes and put him in the tub. He turned the nob having muscle memory on the amount of water and temperature. "You're filthy, what did you do?" Blueberry asked. "I stirred the pancakes." Cosmo said. Blueberry raised a bone brow and though 'You did a whole lot more than stir pancake batter.' Cosmo was perfectly capable of cleaning himself. Granted, he was a very independent skeleton, he loved doing things by himself. With that said, you can only guess what his greatest fear is:

Being useless.

"I'll be in the room next door, I'm going to get you some clothes to wear," Blueberry stated. Cosmo nodded playing with a toy boat. Blueberry clearly trusted Cosmo to be by himself, Cosmo was more mature when independence was the topic. Though, Blueberry wished Cosmo would take his time and learned to love his childhood while he still had it. He closed the bathroom door and went to the room next door.

Hello Cosmo, I'm back.

"Handy!"

_____________

A octopus like skeleton was leaning with his elbows on his knees. He held his head and sighed agitated. His tentacles twitched. He felt something, it was pricking his soul with needles. He knew who it was and he knew he'd have to lock him away again. It seemed a vase wasn't enough. Outer needed to know he was out. He needed to figure out a new and more secure way to lock this killing ghost up. He needed to do it fast because one thing was for sure

All hell was about to break loose.

"Cross, round up the gang, it's time to visit an old friend."

Once upon a time, there was a baker...