Want Him Back Chapter 1

Cold. Damp. Dark.

That's how I'd describe this place. The only light comes from a small window in the middle of the wall by the bed I'm on. A thin wool blanket is sorta wrapped around my small shoulders. It's been weeks-he should be back by now. He said it'd take a week, tops. Where is he?

I rock back and forth, clutching my knees to my chest, shivering in fear, anxiety, and cold. I've had more anxiety attacks since my father figure left than I have ever had in a long time. He's usually here to help me through the anxiety attacks. He's. Always here.

" Please be okay. Please come back. " I chant over and over softly under my breath. I glance around the room, trying to find something to take my mind off of my family, the man who cares for me. I miss him so so much. I want him back. I want him here. I need him back. I need him here.

In the corner is a small room, the bath room. Inside a dying lightbulb hangs from the ceiling, casting a scary glow. Next to this bed is a small table with small scraps on a tray for me to eat. A small cup with water shines at me, but I resist the rug to drink from it. They could try to drug me or kill me with something in the food. HYDRA has no use for me alone. The only reason I'm still around is because of papa. If they kill me, papa could go rogue and they don't want that.  I'm also the occasional punching bag when he's not around and the guards need something to entertain them. I'm too small to be the next winter soldier like they want me to be. I am of no use to them.

Whenever papa leaves it's really scary. I don't know when he's going to be back. Could be a couple days. Could be a couple weeks. the entire time I'm by myself, alone in this small room. I hope he's okay.