Doctors Are Scary Chapter 9

Present

Steve's P.O.V. 

Dorothea-Lavern...where have I heard that name before? I swear I have. Someone, a long time ago, said that name to me. I just can't remember who. 

The little girl, Dorothea-Lavern, wipes her red, wet eyes on her bruises, dirty hand. 

" They aren't going to hurt you. I promise. " Bucky tries to reassure the young girl. 

Dorothea-Lavern shakes her head. " No no. They're bad. Bad people hurt people like us. We can't trust anyone, papa. " She panics slightly. 

" Calm down. Calm down. It's alright. " The girl hugs Bucky and he shoots a confused look at the others. 

I lean closer to Bruce. " What do we do? She's scared of us. " 

Bruce whispers back. " I'm not sure. Um, she's comfortable with Bucky...does...does she know him? " 

I shake my head slowly, keeping my eyes on the young girl. " I don't think so, I mean, Bucky's never spoken about anyone from HYDRA, other than a doctor or two. I didn't even know they kept children there...who does that? " I pity the small kid. No kid should go through what she went through in that place. I can't even imagine. 

" Well, we can wait and see if she can calm down on her own, or give her a shot to knock her out...I don't think that'll turn out well though. If she's scared of just seeing a doctor, she has to be even more frightened of needles and other tools. " Bruce observes the girl. " She might wear herself out. I mean, look at her. She probably hasn't slept in a few days. She's bound to pass out soon. " Bruce points out. 

I sigh and nod. " Yeah. "

Dorothea-Lavern and Bucky quietly whisper back and forth to each other, Bucky trying to get her help and her trying to convince him doctors are bad. 

HYDRA seriously messed up this little girl.