Lullaby Chapter 14

Past:

" Papa, I can't sleep. " Dorothea-Lavern whines as she sits up. She rubs her eyes, looking at TWS. 

He looks over at her from his spot at their small table, where he's writing down bits of his mission. " What's wrong, Vernie? " 

" I'm just not sleepy. " Vernie shrugs. 

" Okay. " TWS pushes away from the table. His old chair squeaks against the cement ground as he stands up. The soldier sits down at the edge of the cot Dorothea-Lavern's on, and gestures for her to lay back down. He pulls the blanket closer around her, a little afraid she might get a cold. He pats her arm and she grins up at him. 

" Can you sing to me? " Dorothea-Lavern asks. She'd heard a song earlier that day after a guard walked past their door with a radio. It was her first song and she loved it. She loved how the words and wonky noises clashed together, creating a beautiful tune. She'd only heard a few seconds worth of the song, but she'd already fallen in love with music. 

" Okay...I guess I can... Let me think of one... " The soldier thinks intensely. What's a song he knew? After a few minutes of thinking, he finally managed to remember pieces of a song he'd heard from somewhere. It takes him another moment to remember the tune, but he finally remembers. 

 " Oh, darling my dear, don't you cry. 

I'm right here, 

Through the night.

 Nothing you ever do,

Could stop my love for you, 

You're my pride,

And you're my joy. 

I'll always be right here for you. 

Now and forever.

I'll always love you.

Oh darling, my dear, don't you cry. 

I'm right here,

Through the night.

Always and forever. 

I'll never leave you,

I'll never abandon, 

For you, I need.

You're my little angel child. 

For now and forever, 

You'll always be. 

Oh, darling, my dear, 

Don't you fret. 

I love you now,

and I loved you then. 

You're my light, 

And you're my joy. 

I'll never leave you, 

I'll never abandon.

You're my angel child. 

As I mentioned. 

I love you now, 

As I loved you then. 

I'll love you forever, 

'Til time will end.  "

( A/N: Sorry if this song sucks. I like, just made up this song within the past hour. )