chapter 2

Lisa Pov

Minutes had passed of walking I reached the coffee shop where I'm working.

" Good afternoon, how may I help you?" A girl asked me with a smile.

I smile back

" uhmm I'm new here. I'll start today for work" i said softly

" Oh, you must be Lisa Manoban? Our manager told me that you'll arrive today, I'm Mina by the way" Mina said extended her hand for a hand shake.

I immediately shook her hand.

"  Yes I'm Lisa, nice to meet you Mina" I said softly

" Okay let's go, you can change now. Our manager said you'll be work at the cashier area" mina said

" Thank you Mina" I said and went to the locker room where Mina pointing and  changed my clothes.

After hours of working. Finally my shift was done.

" I'll go ahead. See you tomorrow Mina" I said and wave my hand

" okay, take care Lisa." Mina said and wave her hand back.

I went out to the cafe. I was walking going back to my apartment. The cold breeze of the night engulfing me. I sigh and smile.

I froze on my tracks when I heard a sobs. I walk towards where the sounds coming from. I look around and see a little girl crying while hugging her knees. My heart skip of her situation.

I kneel down in front of her.

" hey baby, why are you crying?" I asked worriedly

She looks scared and cry even more. I panicked and I don't know what to do.

" it's okay baby, I won't hurt you" i said and smile sweetly to reassure her.

She stop for awhile and stare at me. I wipe her tears using my thumb.

" I'm Lisa unnie, why are you crying? Why you are alone? What's your name" I asked worriedly

" e-ella, I'm here to find food for my siblings. They are hungry but the man at the store kicked me out" Ella said between her sobs.

I can't take this anymore. I hug and rub her back gently to comforting her.

" Stop crying Ella. Are you hungry? You want to eat ?" I asked softly

I pulled away and cup her face and wipe hear tears. She nods eagerly.

I chuckles and smile widely.

" Aiggoo, you look so cute, come let's go to the convenient store" I said softly

I stood up and extend my hand to help her to stand. She grab my hand and i held her small hand.

We walked towards the convenience store and bought food for her and me.

We ate peacefully and talked about their situation.
I feel sad knowing that. She's the only one looking for her siblings. Her mom died and her father left them with their grandmother. Unfortunately her grandmother is sick right now.

After we ate. I bought groceries and medicines for her grandmother. I handed the plastic bag to her.

" Here baby this is for your siblings and grandmother." I said softly and smile brightly

She looked at the plastic bag and me back in forth and her eyes get watery. I  kneel down to level her.

"Hey baby don't cry, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly

I was startled when she hugged me so tight. I hug her back and pat her head gently.

" Thank you unnie, you're an angel for us"she said between her sobs.