Happy...For Now

Scourge's P.O.V.

      I watched the omelets and pancakes closely as they became closer to being finished. The smell of the food traveled through the house. I closed my eyes and sighed. A song I loved came knot my head. I just couldn't help but sing as I continued cooking.

"This ain't a song for the broken-hearted~  No silent prayer for the faith-departed~  I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd~  Your gonna hear my voice when I shout it out loud~ It's My Life!~ It's Now or Never!~"

I jumped at the sound of someone joining into the song.

"I ain't gonna live forever!"

I turned and smiled at Zonic. He had a nice voice. He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Good morning babe. Food smells great... You have a nice voice by the way."

I held him tightly, not wanting to let go. "You have a good voice to.. Man I don't wanna let go." He chuckled as he gently pushed me away. "Don't later the food burn. I'm gonna take a shower and get out of these clothes." He began walking away. I returned my attention to the food. "There's a washing machine down in the basement!!" "Kay, Thanks!"

I placed the plates of food on the table. I sat and waited for Zonic. I sighed. These thoughts never occurred to me until now. But looking back on how things used to be and how things are now.. I've changed alot. I'm having a hard time figuring out if that's a good thing or not.

Zonic sat from across from me. "You didn't have to wait for me." I smiled and looked up into those green eyes. "I know.. but I wanted to." He smiled and began eating. "Mmm. Taste good. I'm a little surprised you know how to cook.. always running from us all the time and everything. Where did you find the time to figure cooking out?"

I looked down at my omelet. Like it would tell me if it was ok to tell him. "Fiona and I had to live in the woods with no shelter before.. I Cought fish and cooked it with nothing but fire and sticks. I cooked some fish wrong a few times. I got sick. After that experience I met up with an old thief I used to know. He tought me how to cook things."

Zonic looked away. "Do you miss her? ..Fiona?" I looked into Zonic's averting eyes. They were filled with hurt. I got out of my seat and walked over to him. I sat on his lap. He looked up at me. We stared into each others eyes. "If I had any feelings towards that betraying bitch.. I would have helped her escaped."

Our lips met. I sucked on his bottom lip and kissed his cheek. "Love ya." Zonic smiled and carassed my cheek. "Love you too."

I closed the log cabin's door and ran at top speed. All anyone would be able to see of me is a green blur. I smirked. I forgot how much I loved the feeling of the wind in my quills. I breathed in the morning dew scent. I looked to my right and my eyes locked with hazel eyes.

Shit! What the hell is he doing here!? Oh well.. He won't found out where we are. No one knows about that place.. Perhaps I should play things safe. I'm not playing things risky.. not if it effects my love. I just wanted to stay in the cabin for one more night though. I want to do something special for him..

I stopped running and sat down. An oak tree leaned over my head. It's branches reached low near the ground.. It seemed as if the tree was slouching. This would make a perfect shade, come this afternoon. I smiled to my thoughts. I'm going to spend the whole day with him.

                     Zonic's P.O.V.

   Stared out the window and sighed. I'm so used to being in combat or cooped up in a office or checking the prison... That I don't know what to do.. "I guess this is what bored feels like..." My tail started wagging and I smiled at the sight of Scourge. He was running towards the door. I ran up to him and glomped him. I hugged him tight.

Scourge chuckled and kissed my four head. I blushed up at him as I rubbed his cheek with mine. I kissed his neck. He licked my lips. "Your so gonna be the uke tonight." My cheeks reddened. "Scourge.. I'm bored." He smirked. "Let's spend the day together.. All day long." I smiled. "Yeah.. I'd like that."

                  Scourge's P.O.V.

     I ran toward that same tree from this morning. I climbed up in it. I waited. "Scourge! Where'd you go?! I'm gonna find you hedgehog!" I smirked to myself. "Don't bet on it!! AHH!" Zonic pulled me out the tree by my foot. I landed on top of him. I sat up on his lap. He smirked. "Found you." I stood up. "Yeah. But the rules are you have to catch me!" I ran away. Zonic was right behind. I laughed as he jumped on top of me and we landed on the ground.

I looked up into his eyes. He wrapped his arms around him tightly. "Got you." I hugged him tightly and kissed his soft lips. "No. I got you." He smiled and our lips connected for the longest time. Our tongues fought for dominance. I try to breath through my nose so we didn't have to separate. But the longing for air forced us to pull apart.

"I don't care who I used to be.. What matters in life for me now... Is you." Zonic hugged me. "My old life is gone forever.. But.. I don't care. I want you." I smiled. "Zonic.. You make me so happy."

                           A/N ^_^

  OMFP!!!!! I'm sooo sorry! This took WAY longer than I intended! I planned for it take two days of free time... BUT NO! I got so destracted with my mom looking for a guy. And this awesome new game I got on my phone.. Anyway- Sorry for the wait! Hope you guys are enjoying this!! ^^ 

Later guys~