23

Gyumi's POV

I know that i have done foolish things, things i regret so much. i'm not even aware that i am capable of doing such things. 

I can't face my brother, especially his boyfriend Taehyun. 

I don't deserve someone like him. 

Now, I'm at the hospital with Taehyun, Beomgyu, Mrs. Kang and Mom who looks like they're getting along already. 

Taehyun was just sleeping at my brother's arms. 

It hurts alot. But seeing my brother genuinely happy is relieving at least. 

Maybe this can be one thing I can do for him, Maybe this time, I'm the one who needs to sacrifice and it wouldn't need to be always him.

I stared at my dad who was confined, he had a heart attack. The news that his first born was gay was  shocking enough, but knowing that he's currently seeing someone is too much to process. 

I'm worried, last time he had his heart problems was a long time ago. but this time, it was the worse out of all of them. 

I needed space, I couldn't think straight. It was such a big mess and I caused all of it. 

I went out immediately to give myself space. I wanted to be alone. I can't face any of them right now. 

I didn't know where I was going, this hospital is fucking huge. all I know is I need a place to be alone. 

I went to the elevator and pressed random floor buttons. 

But on the 7th floor, it opened to a tall boy wearing a uniform to a nearby international school.

He didn't look korean. 

"Hey" he greeted. 

"hello" I bowed and greeted back. 

"where are you heading to?" he asked, like he's waze or something. 

"I don't know. take me with you." I said. 

"Excuse me, what?"  the boy got all confused. 

"Take me with you." I insisted. 

"okay, if that's what you want." he chuckled. 

I don't know what's gotten into me, but i wanted to distant myself from everyone. my dad, my brother, and of course, taehyun. 

I didn't know where this guy is going or let alone who he is, I don't even know what I'm doing right now. 

"I'm Kai btw. Heuning Kai" he smiled widely, and offered me his hand.

I shook it. 

"yeah, nice to meet you. I'm Gyumi." 

the elevator was covered in silence through the whole time. 

"Sooo, where are you going?" I asked, just when I realized I'm following a stranger. 

"mom" he smiled. 

oh, he's visiting his mom. 

i just nodded. 

i studied his features. his face was unusual in a good way.  He looked more american than korean. he has a mole on his neck, and he looks so innocent and young. But really tall. Like a giant baby. 

I also took a look at his identification card. he's just in the same grade level  as I am. 

"quit staring, it's embarrassing me" he chuckled, obviously shy and intimidated by me. 

"oh, sorry." I apologized realizing what i have done. 

the elevator dinged and brought us to the 11th floor. He pointed a room that is just a few footsteps from us. 

 He lead the way to his mom's room, it was quite surprising because it was just next to my dad's room. 

"Eh? but the room next to this is my dad's" I told him. 

"well wow, what a coincidence then" he smiled.  "why's your dad here?" he asked. 

I just remained silent, that's the last question I wanted to answer. 

"I'm sorry, you didn't have to answer" He apologized, bowing all over and over again. 

I let out a laugh, he was such a polite person, even if he didn't know me. such a nice kid. 

"it's okay" 

He knocked on the door and slowly opened it. 

It revealed a woman, laying on her bed, also confined like my dad.

"Hello, How was school?" The woman, who was said to be his mom asked. 

"Great, I even brought a friend." He said pointing at me. 

I'm his friend now? That's so kind of him. 

"hello ma'am" I greeted and bowed. 

"Hi, what school do you go to? that's not the same uniform as Kai's" she asked kindly, she was smiling as if she wasn't ill. 

She was just like her son, all smiley. 

"I go to Magic Island Academy" I answered. 

"Oh, just a few walks from Kai's school" Her mom said.  "so, how did you two meet?" she asked. 

"she's the daughter of the patient next door." Kai said, which was true, but that's not exactly how we met.  

It was so nice of Kai and Mrs. Heuning, They have welcomed me even if i'm a total stranger. 

I learned that Mrs. Heuning had heart problems as well. same case as my dad. 

Kai and I even exchanged SNS accounts. 

I was amazed that people as friendly as him still exists.

Hey, it's kyouthin. I forgot this account's password. I know,  How could I be so forgetful? plus, school was hell, the previous 8 months was a whole intense roller coaster ride. whew. sorry it took too long.