Chapter 3: Paige

V O T E

C O M M E N T

F A N

T E L L  O T H E R S!!!!!

 __________________________________________

 Chapter 3

-Paige’s POV-

 I tapped my foot impatiently on the tile floors. This was taking forever. I hated waiting. I glanced at the clock which was above the mantelpiece. It read 7:16. It had been almost twenty minutes since my sister and I arrived at the boarding school. As soon as we arrived, one of the staff contentedly welcomed us and escorted us to the reception where we were now waiting.

  I glanced at my sister. She was seated in one of the ancient, impassive chairs. A bored expression was settled on her face as she warily glanced around the place.

  I still cannot believe my parents forced us to attend this stupid boarding school. It was just a party and so what if we a got a bit drunk. I bet when they were my age, they went partying everyday and got drunk a lot more than us!

  “How long is this going to take?” I moaned, glancing at my sister. She scowled. Lately, she’s been annoyed with my behaviour. What a coincidence, she finds me annoying and I find her annoying.

  “If you don’t stop moaning, then it may take hours.” She exasperatedly said.

  “But Bella, we’ve been waiting for almost twenty minutes,” I said, taking a glimpse of the clock again. Time goes by really slow.

  “Paige, please stop talking,” Bella begged, a drained and aggravated look splashed on her face.

  “Fine,” I sighed and promptly shut my mouth. She was so bossy! She gave a relieved look and then continued glancing around.

  “Paige and Bella Perkins.” Someone called. I swiftly turned my head towards the receptionist. “The headmistress is ready to see you,” She said and seated back on her seat, tapping away on her keyboard.

  “Finally,” I said. My sister stood up and we both walked towards the door and entered the headmistress’s room.

  Saying that the headmistress’s room was huge was an understatement. It was massive! A huge, wooden table was situated on the far end of the room, with a big, black chair next to it. Papers and pens were cluttered around the table. Vibrant, ugly paintings were cluttered around the walls of the dark stone walls. Next to the large bookcase, an orderly woman stood there, a book in her grasp.

  “Hello girls, I’m headmistress Jones,” she firmly greeted, her lips in a straight line. “Take a seat.” She offered while pointing to the two vacant seats next to the office table.

  Bella and I shared startled looks as we advanced towards the seats and sat down. She followed us, her heal clicked on the ground, making an annoying sound against the cold, tiled floor. She then proceeded to take her seat on the big, black chair.

  “So, you’re parents have told me a lot about you and I’ve looked at your previous school files.” She informed, placing her long, slender hands on the table. “And, I must say, they are quite intriguing.” She added and glimpsed at Paige.