Chapter 7: Halloween [Part 2] Bella

A/N Sorry for the really late update! I was gonna update 2 days before but I wanted to update it today (It’s my birthday) :D LOL! The next one will be quicker than this one :) (I Hope) Anyways, Christmas is coming up and I am so happy.

  HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! I might not be able to post another chapter before Christmas because I’m going to be very busy.

  Anyways, do you like my new cover? I absolutely hated the old one, it was piece of rubbish; I don’t even know why I kept it.

  I have dedicated this chapter to @weirdhyperinsane. She has read, voted, commented in every part of my story so far. So thank you so much!!!

V O T E

C O M M E N T

F A N

T E L L  O T H E R S

E N J O Y

_________________________________________________

Chapter 7: Halloween (Part 2)

-Bella’s POV-

Detention is a place that no student wants to be in, especially on a day like Halloween. Unfortunately, my misfortune lead to me to said place. Admittedly, I had never had a detention before. In my previous school, I stayed out of trouble; or tried my best to not get caught. It had worked well; until know.

  I shifted uncomfortably on my chair and rested my elbows on the table. Headmistress Jones sat on the chair behind the teacher’s desk. Her eyes strictly gleamed at me behind her outdated glasses.

  “Two more hours,” she briskly said while observing the clock that was stuck on the wall behind me. I dared not look back. Was she even allowed to give more than an hour’s of detention? This teacher seriously had some problems.

  The room suddenly seemed dull to me. The shadowy walls gave an eerie vibe. The light dimly flickered. I gazed up at it, it flickered like a fire.

  “Something’s wrong with the bulb,” I commented, staring at Jones. Jones gave me a startled look. She raised a thin eyebrow at me, quizzically. I pointed at the ceiling, where the bulb hung from. She looked up, slowly removing her glasses from her face.

  “There’s nothing wrong with the bulb, Ms Perkins.” Jones firmly said. I, once again, looked up. Sure enough, the light still flickered.

  “Yes, there is.” I said. “The light’s flickering.”

  “Is this your attempt of a dense joke?” She sternly questioned, slowly getting up to her feet. I stared at her, dumbfounded.

  “What?” I asked, baffled. Did I say something wrong?

  “There is nothing wrong with the light, Ms Perkins. It is not flickering.” She said, her eyes piercing into mine like a thousand knives. “I do not remotely find this joke of yours funny.”

  “What the hell are you talking about?” I asked. Now I was completely perplexed.

  “Do not talk to me in that manner!” She chided, her face now turned into a slight shade of red. I opened my mouth, however due to her deadly glare, I closed it again.

  Suddenly, there was a shrill of laughter which echoed through the corridors and into the room which Jones and I were in. Jones head snapped towards the door. I could almost see her ears perk up.

  “Quiet Lizzie.” A familiar, male voice hushed. Soon, there followed an annoying giggle. I glanced at Jones; she had her arms crossed firmly across her chest as she intently listened.