Chapter 7: Halloween [Part 1] Paige

A/N: Hello Everyone :) Sorry for the extreme late update. This time I’m not even going to say that I’ll update sooner next time—cause I always end up not doing it :/ Sorry once again. This is the first part to the Halloween chapter :D There will be 4-5 parts for the Halloween chapter.  I hope you like it...

  BTW, there is character banner of Bella on the multimedia :_)

V O T E

C O M M E N T

F A N

T E L L   O T H E R S

E N JO Y

________________________________________________

 Chapter 7: Halloween (Part 1)

-Paige’s POV-

Halloween. That was all people could talk about this week. The murmurs of anticipation that slipped out of people’s mouth as they endlessly chatted about the Halloween party. Apparently Halloween was a big deal for the students here. As I ambled through the corridors I could hear the animated conversations of the students.

  “So, Emily, what are you going to be?” A girl chirped.

  “A rabbit.” Another one replied.

  I didn’t know if that was sardonic comment or that she was actually thinking of dressing up like a rabbit. A rabbit? Who in the world would want to dress up as a rabbit? It was Halloween—an occasion where you dress up as horrific, terrifying things. Not rabbits! I swear, some people just don‘t get Halloween.

  Normally, every year for Halloween my friends and I would dress up as random things and then we’ll go to Jason Kane’s party. Jason and his brother would always throw a tremendous party for Halloween. They were legends at throwing parties. It was a privilege for even being able to attend the party. I, of course, was always invited.

  However, this year—due to certain circumstances (being sent to boarding school)—I won’t be able to attend his party. That truly sucks! Nevertheless, at least there is a party that I can go to. Kiara and I had already discussed what costumes we would be wearing. Like me, she was also very enthusiastic about Halloween. She had informed me about the previous Halloween costumes she had worn. And I must admit, I was impressed by her creativity. Last year she had gone as a zombie-ballerina. It was quite amazing. However, it definitely doesn’t beat my vampire-mermaid-pirate costume.

  Suddenly, I heard a crash, like someone had banged against the lockers. My eyes swiftly averted to a crowd that was forming. I quickly made my way there, shoving some people out the way. When I finally reached the centre I gasped. On the floor, almost bleeding to death was Michael Turner—a boy I met in my English class—and standing over him was Jake. He had a menacing glare, his eyes gleamed with anger as he towered the young defenceless boy.

  “You never say that again!” Jake growled, his voice dripping with venom. “Do you understand?!”

  Michael nodded, tears brimming at the end of his eyes. His hands trembled as he attempted to stand. However, the deadly glare that Jake was shooting at him pinned him down to the ground.

  I stared with wide eyes. How could Jake do that? I think he has some serious issues. I glanced around and noticed that everybody was rooted to their spot, and no one even tried to aid Michael, who was still cowering on the floor.

  “What happened?” I confidently said, striding over to Michael. Jake’s fury eyes flashed at me for a second. I knelt down next to Michael.

  “Are you okay?” I asked.