Chapter 16 : <Once Upon A King.>

In the confines of a Goblin Village, a small, scrawny Goblin was born.

He had a hard time moving around and almost always failed when hunting, never hitting hard enough or running fast enough to keep up with his prey.

He wasn't picked on, but trained by his superiors instead, only to fail again and again.

But this little Goblin never gave up, always training in lesson and on break every day possible.

He never ran from any enemy, always getting pulled away by his brothers from fights they knew he couldn't win.

He trained until he passed out, only to get up and train again.

But eventually, his efforts started to bear fruit.

He could catch up to the Grass Wolves who could weave the forest as they pleased.

He could destroy a Lesser Stone Golem without getting fatigued.

He could get hit dozens of times from sparring and still stand upright.

And that effort was recognized by the Goblin King himself.

So he was promoted into a Knight, and then an Elite, and then a Royal Guard.

All the while he trained every day, aiming for a goal to be the strongest of them all.

He climbed the Ranks until he earned himself the Title of the Strongest Royal Guard.

All was going well, and the King had already told him he would become the next Goblin King due to him persevering throughout his entire life, and never giving up.

Yes, all was well, until...

A Reaper came.

That Reaper, a [Soul Reaper] to be exact, had hunted his brethren, Knights and Elites all the same.

That Reaper reached the Throne room, where the Royal Guard and their King resided.

The Reaper was overwhelming, with an oppressive presence and flaring eyes, coupled with their ominous Scythe that could rip through their defenses.

One by one, his comrades fell.

Explosions of dark energies permeated his surroundings.

His King had suffered multiple blasts and stabs, lying down on the brink of dying.

The Strongest, however, was engaged in a one-on-one duel with the Reaper.

He had suffered minimal damage, and he was actually winning in terms of power.

He pushed the Reaper, time and time again, breaking every single Scythe they summoned through sheer willpower and perseverance.

He beat down the Reaper with his bare hands, using the shards of his fallen comrade's swords to stab the Reaper over and over again.

And then, the Reaper was vanquished.

In the King's last dying breaths, he bestowed the Lone Goblin Arondite, the Legendary Sword, and handed him his Crown as the new Goblin King.

And that very same Goblin still diligently trained every day.

Until another one came.

.

.

.

Removing my Mirages, I used [Omni Movement] and extended 11 arms, all equipped with Claws and Gauntlets, grabbing all of the Royal Guard by their heads.