CHAPTER TWO: I do not wanna be here

The hallway was dark marble floors and white walls, not a hand print or a scuff mark anywhere. At both the right and left sides all through the hallways were glossy silver locks numbered with black digits that matched the globe shaped handles. It wasn't just the materials though, it was also the dimensions, the length and width being at least twice than what i had imagined.

There was laughter that sounded along the hallway, joined with excited shouts and conversations. Model worthy girls perched on the lockers like exotic birds gossiping and giggling.

A foot ball flied above their heads between jocks in varsity jackets parading their toned muscles, couples making out and some other groups causing ruckus, all except one group sitting silently at one corner staring at laptop screens with massive headphones which appear to be permanently strapped to their heads.

"That might be my kind of people," I thought after a long sigh before joining the hallway. "Excuse me," "umm hey," "can you?" "may I?" It was hopeless catching anyone's attention. All I got was glares and snobs.

Hesitantly, I walked towards a lonely corner where I sat on the floor in front of a door with a small number 21 nailed above it. I leaned back on the door and tried going over the school map again to try and figure it out for the 100th time, and for a geek like me not to understand it, you can imagine how confusing it was.

I hopelessly sighed and tried giving Bianca a call again. She had disappeared on me and again, I could not reach her. I looked again at the hallways trying to figure out what's next and all I got was a chill down my spine. "I do not wanna be here," I thought as I wrapped my arms around my knees but my gut still knew that I had to figure it out sooner or later because there was no going back.

Time was quickly catching up with me and I needed to figure out a way before time for my first class. I slowly stood up and before I was halfway up, the door opened and before I knew it, I fell and the back of my head hit the marble floor, one concerned face of a mid aged man staring down at me and another familiar younger face that wore a cold expression.

The hunk stretched a hand towards me and for a moment I looked into his piercing and mesmerizing deep ocean blue eyes fringed with dark lashes feathery as a mare's. His hank of messy black hair almost covered his left eye but a strand had gone as far as to his narrow nose passing between his eyes.

Finally getting a hold of his strong right hand, almost halfway up, with his left eyebrow sloped downwards in a serious expression and a smirk on his face, he let go of my hand and again before I knew it, I was back on the floor on my butt.

I had never been so angry in my life that I furiously wanted to follow him and get back at him but it was too late, he had already left with a playful smile and that's when I remembered who exactly he was and how I knew him. I watched him disappear into the hallway my teeth gritted in silent fury.

"That's Austin," a voice behind me interrupted me. I had almost forgotten he was there the whole time. I turned to face him and his eyes were still focused on where that jerk had disappeared to.

He looked like he was 5'6 feet tall in his mid thirties. His face in a frown, he turned towards me, studied me for a while then asked me to get in and in a blink of an eye he was already on his sit. I sat on a seat across his table a wooden name tag by the name professor kim on the table in front of me.

He supported his chin his eyes locked on mine without saying anything and confused, i dig into my bag for my file. I had zero intentions of getting into any office today or for the rest of the year, but since I was already here, I would probably get the help that I needed.

Finger's crossed, I slid my file towards him. He glanced at it for a while and with the same blank expression on his face he looked at me again without saying anything for a while.