Coffee Break

It was a chilly October Friday when you were walking down the sidewalk into the nearest cafe. It was like any other day but you were really excited because this cafe was where you were going to meet your gaming buddy for the first time. You walk in and have a seat at one of the empty tables against the wall. You whip out your phone and text him saying 'I'm here. The second table on the wall. Want a coffee?' and wait for him to text back. The two of you had been talking for a little over 8 months now and had become great friends. Last week he asked if you could meet somewhere since he would be in your home town. He travels a lot but still makes time to play games with you during the days. You let your gaze travel out the window where trees were dancing in the wind. Feeling anxious, you check your phone. He has texted back saying 'Yes please I'm almost there and it's freezing I can't feel my face. I'll be sure to pay when I'm there, order whatever you want.' You smile and put your phone down and go order two coffees, taking them back to the table. You start playing with your hands and get carried away until you look up as someone sits in front of you. Your mouth flies open at the face sitting directly in front of you. Your mind must be playing tricks with you. There's no way that's him. No way you became best friends with someone of his standings. All those months of playing games, texting, laughing, and having a good time? You didn't expect this to be the person behind the other screen.