Long Day

It was early Monday morning and you were on your way to your new job. It was a job at a store but you were willing to take what you could get. You were really struggling right now with your mom being sick, your dad recently passing, and your siblings arguing all the time. You were the youngest but it felt like you were the oldest. At only 18, you were single-handedly caring for your mother, supporting her and yourself from the money you make by doing odd jobs here and there. There were times to where you feel like you can't do it, where it felt like your mom was disappointed in you, and times to where you just want to break but you stay strong. It's what you have to do, what's best for you to do. Pushing the door open, you get ready for your shift. It was part time to start off the first few weeks but still something. You turn your phone volume down and stuff it into your back pants pocket then get to work. It was your job to organize the shelves and keep the place clean. Customers come and go all throughout the day until your shift finally come to an end. It was more difficult than you had expected but not too difficult. Before you head home, you grab a drink and your mom something to eat before leaving. She was diagnosed with cancer. The doctors said they didn't know how long she had, but you had faith in her. She's a strong woman that wouldn't take no for an answer. You check your phone to see if you had any missed calls or texts. Nothing. There have been no texts from Felix since you left the cafe on Friday. He was really busy with his schedule and never has any time. It gets like this sometimes. Once you went a week and a half without texting while he was on tour. You plug your headphones into your phone and started listening to music on your way home. You were passionate about music ever since you were a child. After 30 minutes of walking, you finally reach your house. Unlocking the door, you walk in. "I'm home mama!" you call out. Before you even hear your mom reply, you get knocked off your feet. Falling to the ground, the next thing you know there's something licking your face. You groan loudly "Jake come on boy get off!" You push your moms dog off of you and get to your feet once again. Patting his head, you walk off and put your moms food in the microwave and take a sip from your drink. Jake was a Rottweiler, but he was extremely sweet. He wouldn't hurt anything, but made sure to protect your mom while she's home alone. Once the microwave beeps, you take your moms food to her up in her room. "Hello mama.. How are you feeling?" you ask. "Oh Amy I'm feeling fine." she said with a cough and started to eat. You kiss her head. "I love you mama. You're gonna be okay I promise." you say as you walk out the room, leaving her to eat. You clean up around the house a little bit then go and get the trash from your mom. "So how did the meeting with your friend go? " she asked. You stop in your tracks and turn around to face her. "It went great. He's really cool. He's just been extremely busy the past few days." you replied, sitting beside her. "So you like him?" Your eyes got wide. "No of course not, he's just a friend. I could never like a friend in that way. That's weird." you replied with a laugh. Your mom just nods her head a little with that look on her face. You roll your eyes jokingly and hug her before leaving to take a shower and brush your teeth before bed. You had to work all week and then on Saturday. It was going to be a long week for you as well so you were going to go to bed earlier than usual.

(A/N - I took this picture myself.)