Those Kinds of Words That Would Change All The Things We Talk About

Kenzie POV

"Okay, well, we're going to leave you two together down here. Please don't mate," Maddie announces, flipping her bleached blonde hair before heading up the stairs.

"Maddie!" I shout, flipping her off. I'm NOT mating with Johnny, and why the hell did she even insinuate that? My sister is insane.

When they leave the room, John sits next to me on one of the couches, this one a pretty yellow color. We sit in an uncomfortable silence for a few moments while I admire his sharp jawline, dark brown eyes, and baby face. He's adorable and hot.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," he smirks and I blush before glaring at him in a friendly manner.

"Nah, I've already got too many pictures of you as it is, Johnnyboi," I tell him, and he laughs, tracing patterns up and down my arms. A spark is felt, much like when we kissed, and I shiver. It's not even cold in here; what kind of effect does this boy have on me?!

"Same here. So, I wanted to talk about that kiss," John says, not bothering with small talk any longer.

"Good, because I wanted to talk about that too," I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Well, I have a crush on you, Kenz, and not in that dumb middle school way where you would like someone for five minutes and be in love. I have a legitimate crush on you. Have for a few weeks now, actually. You're my best friend, and nothing is more important to me than our friendship, but I like you. And the idea of us as a couple."

"I've had a legitimate crush on you too, Juan, but I don't know how long for. I know that you don't like Isaak, and I convinced myself I was in love with him, but really, I just had a huge crush on you, and I had to avoid it. I couldn't talk about it. And so I avoided it. You're my best friend too, but what if us dating is better than us as friends? I want us to be a couple too."

"But what if us dating ruins everything for our friendship, and the bond our families have? I'm not ready to lose you, Kenzie. I can't. I won't survive without you in my life."

"But you won't have to! We always swore that we'd be friends forever, and that we'll always be there for each other, even if we're fighting or not talking for some reason. And I don't break promises. If this doesn't work out, so what? We don't have to not speak; we can both be mature and stay friends."

"But what if we can't? What if real life doesn't work like that, and we're just picturing it does for some reason? I blame it on the romcoms you make me suffer through." We both chuckle at that.

"It will be like that, you weirdo! Real work might not work like that for some people, but since when has that ever effected or mattered to us? Because I honestly can't remember when we couldn't talk because we were mad!"

"Kenzie, I'll always be there for you, you know that. But us not being able to talk to each other because we're pissed has happened. Remember when we went through that period of time where I only knew what you were doing because of Lauren and Instagram? You wouldn't speak to me because I insulted Ratshton!"

"Johnny, that was because I was an idiot, you know that! For God's sakes, John, I didn't even remember that! I remember the good, not the bad. And the good is my feelings for you, and how I want to date you and be your girlfriend."

"I want to be your boyfriend, I do, but we can't just rush into things and act upon our feelings-"

"Yes we can, Johnny! For once, let's not overthink things. Let's date, and not worry about what everyone else thinks. Let's do this."

"Jenzie?"

"Jenzie."

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

They're so uwu in my fanfic and it's why we live in this world.

Later loves,

~Ry