Sugar PT.2

Thriller era - 1985

It was a cloudy afternoon . It's been a good several months since Jackson had last seen Sugar. And she wasn't the only groupie who had approached him that year but she surely was the most memorable.

It concerned Michael a lot. She had been the only one on his mind when she was no different from the other girls who tried to get into his head.

It was summer time and Michael was focusing on a new album. He was excited about this album and wanted it to have the same effect that Thriller had on the public. He made it his business to work ten times harder.

He hadn't had his image figured out just yet but he knew that it would be something totally new.

It was grammy night and they had just won an award for We are the world. Michael was much happier at the time, finally doing what he wanted to do.

He was proud of that song and he just loved working with Diana. She got married and it broke his little hurt but he couldn't do anything about it. He couldn't hold on to it, and he was feeling a bit jealous.

"Michael." Lionel shook his shoulder for he was in a daze. "Michael." He shook him even longer and he snapped out of it.

"Oh! Lionel?" He turns around. Michael smiled. "I'm sorry.. I was lost for a second." Michael explains. "You look great, I gotta say." Michael says scanning Lionel's attire.

"As do you brother." Lionel shows off the big smile of his.

Michael's head turns and goes back to looking around.

"What are you looking for Michael?" He tries to copy and look into the direction Michael was looking into.

"Have you seen Diana around? Did she come out tonight?" He asks burying his hands into his pockets.

"No..I haven't seen her. I don't think she's coming out tonight Mike." He tells him, patting his back.

Michael just stands there with disappointment washed all over him. He was feeling embarrassed again, He didn't know why exactly so he just stood there with this small smile on his face.

"Hey Mike, are you coming?" Lionel asks.

"Pardon?" Michael looks back at him confused. "Where to Lionel?"

"To the after party, I hear the girls are waiting for you back there." He winks at him and nudged him softly in the chest with his elbow.

Michael just laughed and shook his head. "I don't know haha.."

"Come on Michael, come have some fun. I promise It'll be a lot of fun. They wanna see you dance." He begs.

"You really want me to go?" Michael says.

"Come on and get the party jumping Mike." He encouraged.

Michael laughed and agreed to join. As they joined the party, The music was blasting up a storm. You can tell it was funky in there. As they got out of the car, Michael was greeted by tons of people.

They were really waiting for this man's arrival. He waved at everyone and proceeded to walk into the place with his hands behind his back. He thought he'd stay for just a while and not be a party pooper.