Encounters With Carmen.

Dangerous Era
1991-93
Pt 1

Michael was preparing for his tour, it was fun to say the least but it was nerve wrecking for a perfectionist

Michael was preparing for his tour, it was fun to say the least but it was nerve wrecking for a perfectionist. A totally different cat when it's professional.

He was rehearsing and dealing with tabloids at the time. It bothered him because he was a private person and the media questioned him to the point of obsession. Wanting every detail of life.

Michael rolled his eyes frustrated, sighing heavily as he messes up a pitch on Jam. He signaled to stop.

"Let's run that again, please." He adjusted his mic, walking across the stage. He was really upset that day after coming across a tabloid that said "Is Jackson asexual or what?"

Unbelievably stupid. He thought.

He was in era that he wanted to show them who they are missing out on. If they want it so bad, they are going to get it the way he wanted to show it.

"Sorry Mike!" Dave his sound engineer apologized playfully.

Michael laughed. "Don't worry about it Dave." He shouted with the cutest giggle. He went at it again and completed the set.

He goes back stage and sits down. Staring into the mirror. Even though he hated how he looked, he thought he looked good some days.

His arms rested on the chair. Karen his make up artist walked over. She noticed his bad mood.

"Why the long face handsome?" She caught his attention as his eyes pans from his finger tape to their mirror reflection of her.

He showed teeth, forcing a unhappy smile. He was happy to see a friend. "Ohh nothing.." he said unsure. She dabs his face with a blender, removing some shine.

He looks at her through knowing he needed someone to talk to. He just felt like he couldn't talk too much so much, be so vulnerable because of how people took advantage of him. He liked Karen though, knew her for years.

He tried being friends with some celebrities but they just wanted to be seen with Michael Jackson and get him trouble with drugs and alcohol and outrageous things he'd never involve himself in.

Even with dating, it seemed hard because he just wanted someone real, patient and not a beggar but it was hard to find a woman he didn't have to look over his shoulder with.

"Asexual." He chuckled releasing his thoughts.

"What was that?" Karen questioned, patting his nose.

"Can you believe the tabloids these days?"

"Michael they're obsessed with you, but don't let it bother you. You don't have to prove anything to them." She supported.