Diana, Not That Diana

Bad Tour --- 1987 - 1989

July 14th 1988
---
Michael was almost a year into his first solo tour. He was filled with energy and excitement throughout the whole tour.

Tonight was his first concert in London so far. He rehearsed and rehearsed until there was no need since they were doing the same things. Just adding a little spice to it. He gave his all to his fans as he performed various songs from the bad album. He performed classics from Off the wall, Victory and even the Thriller album.

His fans were crying hysterically over him. It was amazing. The show was an absolute success for Michael that night.

He had written a song called Dirty Diana. The song was heavily famous for more rock legends can relate to it. It was real. It was about groupies.. it was about seductive groupies who spend their money entirely to be near you and sleep with you. Michael believed it was a lust thing.

Through almost 2 years since his first encounter that he went along with. Dirty Diana was something personal to him. It sticks with him and he could never forget what had happened. Michael didn't like groupies in that way and he'd never think about dating them at the time.

But, you could say he picks and chooses. He wasn't a hypocrite...more so secretive. Why? It's his business.

The song hit him that night and after that night, It made him feel just a little more comfortable. Especially with his own body.

He didn't just feel the music on stage

He didn't just feel the music on stage. He felt everything. As silly as it sounded. It brung out that darker side of him as if it wasn't sweet Michael up there. Not that he knew what he was doing. It was on purpose and it works for him.

In the middle of the concert, he had to take a break to get some rest. He viewed all these people that came to see him. He was so happy at the time.

As he backed away, his band continued on to stall for a while.

"Whew.. I need a towel and a drink Frank, I'm sweating like crazy out there." He laughed tiredly.

Dileo chuckled with a cigar in his mouth, "Get Michael a towel and some orange juice, lots of sugar in it please." He motioned to the workers as we walked past. Quickly they scattered around handing him a towel and a drink.

"Thank you guys." He smiled.

"Michael you're doing fucking great out there! I can't even keep up with you and I manage you!" Frank joked.

Michael just laughs wiping off sweat. "You're silly Frank.." He says before sipping on the orange juice.

"Get some rest and change out of that will ya, you got a show to finish." He smiles and taps michael's back lovingly. He's had the cigar in his mouth for the longest Michael thought and he has never lit it.