CHAPTER FIVE

Eun-Jeong

Eun-Jeong

I sigh as I walk out of the restaurant I work at and make my to where San and I meet each other after work. Along the way there's this elderly lady that is always outside of her house watching what's happening outside with dog. I call her grandma because she reminds me of my grandmother so much.

"Good afternoon, grandma Ha-Jun." I open the gate of her house and greet Pearl, a white husky. She jumps on me and I laugh loudly as I try my best to not fall while making my way to grandma.

"Jeong, sweety how have you been?" HaJun asks and pats the empty spot next to her. I sit down making Pearl have an opportunity to jump on me and sit on my lap.

"Good, I got a roommate." I tell her as I brush Pearl fur softly while smiling brightly.

"Who is she?" She asks and I look at her. Her gray hair is pushed back in a bun and her eyes look like there are close but they really aren't.

"Is a he, Jung WooYoung is his name." I answer her and she takes a hold of my left hand making me smile at her. "Don't worry, he is a very close friend of San and I trust San."

"Be careful, if he does something don't be afraid to call for help this time." She say and looks up a head when the gate was being open. Pearl jumps off me and I see San walking in with a huge smile on his face, my eyes land on a figure behind him. It's WooYoung.

"San, who's the dear behind you?" Grandma ask before I could ask and San pulls WooYoung with him. Pearl is smelling his hand as they make their way over to us.

"Grandma Jun, this is my friend and EunJeongs' roommate." San answers her and WooYoung bows in front her while introducing himself.

"Well, is nice to meet you honey." She says and outstretches her hand for him to take it. "You take good care of EunJeong, she's very fragile.."

"Hey, I'm not that fragile." I say whole crossing my arms over my chest and pout.

"And a child." Grandma finishes while laughing a little bit. I smile at her and kiss her cheek while I stand up.

"We will take our leave now, grams." San says and we all walk away while waving. We walk over to Sans' house and then WooYoung and I walk home. Since it is a long walk I decided to make a small conversation.

"So, WooYoung where do you work?" I ask him and he look up from the ground.

"Well, I'm the head chef of a famous restaurant." He answers and I gasp.

"Will you cook one day?" I say getting excited of the fact that he cooks. He chuckles at my reaction as we both walk in the apartment complex.

"One day, maybe." He says and press the elevator button. We walk in and I hit the floor number, going to the corner after.

I'm terrified of elevators, they can stop working at any moment. When the doors open, I quickly walk out and let a sigh of relief while trying to get my keys.

"I got it." WooYoung says from behind me and I move a side so he can open the door. We walk in and take our shoes off, we made our way over to our rooms.

While in the bathroom, I look at my reflection on the mirror. A huge scar runs across my abdomen, I run my hand over it and my eyes watered. I quickly put the shirt on and walk out of the bathroom.

I put my glasses on, grab my phone and walk out of my room. I look over to the living room, WooYoung is watching something. I drag my feet as I walk over to the living room and sit down.

"Do you want to order some pizza?" I ask him and he looks over at me. I smile at him but he didn't smile back. " I will take that as a yes." I dial the pizzeria that I always call and order one.

"You really shouldn't eat so much junk food." He says after I hung up and I shrug my shoulders at him. We both stayed looking at each other for a while until he sigh and gets up. "I will be in my room, tell me when the pizza get here." And with that he left to his room.

"Rude." I whisper and walk over to the balcony, sliding the door open and walk out to the fresh evening air. I look of into the horizon and just stayed like that until there was a knock on the door. I paid the guy and close the door after that. I set the book on the coffee table and walk over to his room.

I softly knock on his door, calling out his name and wait for him to open the door. When he didn't, I open the door to see him asleep on his bed. I smile and softly close the door, grab my piece of pizza and put the rest a side for WooYoung.

I spend the rest of the evening in the living room, staring into spacing, going to a forbidding part of my memories.

"Eun-Jeong!" The door bangs again and again from the male outside of my room. I block the door with the bed, drawer, anything heavy to block it. I wasn't going to let myself get beating up half to death by him again.

The banging suddenly stops, but I can tell his still behind the door.

*^*^*^*^*^*

I slowly walk in the apartment, trying my best to not make much noise so I won't wake him up. But little did I know, he was waiting for me in the living room.

"Where have you been, Eun?" His calm voice sent shivers down my spine and not in a good way. "Where have you been!!" He roars out as he stood up and march over to me, taking a hold of my hair.

I whimper at the harsh pulling, trying my best to get out of his hold. "Please, I'm sorry!" I cry out but it only made him more angry. He lets go of my hair and next thing I know, I'm on the floor holding my cheek.

"No, please." I beg but it didn't help, he kicked. Over and over and over again. I cough out blood and cry out as I was roughly being dragged toward the kitchen. I could hear object being moved but I couldn't specify what type of object was.

"I will make sure you obey to me when I tell you to cone home early." He says and torn my shirt open with his hand. I tried to stop him but my strength betrayed me. I scream out in pain at the burning sensation on my abdomen, he was cutting it open.

I flinch when I felt a hand grab mine and look at the person, WooYoung stares at me as I clear my throat and stand up.

"You food is in the microwave, i will be in my room if you need anything." I say and walk to my room, slamming the door shut and fall to the floor letting the tears fall down.