Ch.2- Confrontation

Draco was sitting in the Great Hall, which was decorated a little differently than all the other years. The lit candles still floated above them, but the ceiling of the Great Hall was twinkling with more stars than usual, having taken form of a beautiful night sky.

Pansy and Blaise sat in front of Draco, contemplating whether or not they should confront him about something. Or someone. They glanced at each other, then looked back at the blond, only to find him staring in the direction of the Gryffindor Table.

They followed where his eyes landed, only to be unsurprised at who he was staring at. The Chosen One.

Pansy and Blaise once again shared glances, then snickered to themselves.

"I knew it! He has a thing for the Golden boy!" Blaise whispered, only loud enough for Pansy to hear.

"Pfft, please, I knew he did before he himself did." Pansy murmured.

"Well, that's easy, because I'm pretty sure he doesn't know he likes him." Blaise said, but this time he forgot to lower his voice, and caught Draco's attention:

"Who doesn't know they like whom?" Draco asked, turning to face the two, eyeing them suspiciously.

"Umm- Y-," Blaise began, before Pansy Interrupted him.

"No one, um, we were just talking about these two Hufflepuffs, nothing more nothing less."

Draco scoffed, and rolled his eyes, before getting out of his seat. Pansy wondered where he was going, so she decided to wait and watch him get closer to the exit of the Great Hall, before letting Blaise in on her plan to follow him.

They hurriedly followed behind him, trying to make as less noise as possible.
They turned a corner, still following closely behind the blond, before turning once more only to find he had disappeared.

Pansy and Blaise searched around, hoping to see Draco walking towards his unknown destination, probably going to meet some unknown person.

But to no avail, as it was like he had Disapparated, which was impossible on school grounds. Pansy grunted and slapped her forehead, completely exhausted by Draco's secrecy, and unable to tolerate it any longer, she decided that next time, she would take matters into her own hands.

Blaise and Pansy made their way back to the Great Hall, and got re-seated, they noticed that a certain raven-haired was missing from the Gryffindor Table, and if Pansy didn't know better, would consider this to be a mere coincidence.

Maybe Potter's off to go slash open Draco again, Pansy thought drily to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry was seated between Neville and Seamus, Hermione and Ron sitting on the other side of the Gryffindor Table. He was facing the direction of the Hufflepuff Table, much to his own disappointment. He wanted to switch, eager to meet the eyes of a certain someone who had, not so recently, caught his attention.

Harry was eating his food, which this time tasted slightly different. Better, in fact. But as Harry felt a pair of eyes burn through the back of his skull, an unwelcome shiver made its way, creepily, up and down Harry's spine, which straightened and jolted up in response.

Though Harry didn't hear it, he could feel a low chuckle erupt from whoever was now full on staring at the back of his head. It came out almost like a growl, which not only made butterflies flutter wildly in his stomach, but also tempted him to turn around and see if his suspicions were right. Harry thought it was Malfoy, since he had a habit of glaring at Harry.

But somehow, for some reason, this didn't give Harry that same sense of foreboding, it was replaced with a peculiar, yet familiar, feeling. One that Harry couldn't quite grasp.