Ch.11- Asleep?

When Potter disappeared, I thought I'd just wait for him at our dorm, since I have no way of knowing where he went.   He reacted rather oddly, though, to be fair, doesn't he always?

I sighed as I scurried along, navigating the way to our dorm. I was nearly there, when an unfortunately familiar face appeared beside me, trying to catch my attention. I kept walking, not even sparing her a glance. I knew she was going to say more horrid things to make me back out of interacting with Potter, or even looking at him, but it wasn't going to work.

Harry wouldn't act the way he did if I reminded him of bad memories. To be quite frank, I believe Potter might even like me a little. Now, whether it's as friends, or as something more, I'm not sure. But that's all I really have to go on.

As I sped up, so did she, continuously waving her hand in my face. Infuriated with her nonsense, I slapped her hand out of my face, finally stopping to look her dead in the eyes.

"Can't you see I'm clearly trying to evade what ever conversation you want to have with me?" I snapped, glaring at her.

"You never told me you and Harry shared a dorm." She stated, her arms crossed in front of her as her brows furrowed.

That's ridiculous, why would I need to tell her about it? Are we so close that we just have to tell each other everything? We're barely on speaking terms, and I despise her guts.

Something always seems off with her, especially since this year started.
"Well, I had no reason to tell you about it." I argued, and I could tell my point was valid with the way her face twitched, and how she opened her mouth, only to close it directly afterwards.

"I told you to stay away. I gave you a chance to back away. Now I guess I'll have to teach you that your actions have consequences." She retorted, her face reddening from rage, nearly turning as red as her hair.

"And I guess I'll have to teach you that you can't own people, Potter's allowed to make his own choices and decisions. Maybe that's why he didn't  want to get back with you." Draco watched as her face distort into something beyond fury.

It almost seemed as if she was planning something. Something horrible. Foreboding hijacked my nerves, for I knew she wasn't up to any good.

Before she turned away and started walking the other direction, I could've sworn I saw a mischievous grin planted on her face. I didn't know her much back then, but she does feel quite different.

Probably just changed over time. Happens to a lot of people. I decided I should probably reach our dorm quickly to avoid any other unwanted people coming up to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally reached our dorm, muttering the password before the painting swung open with great force. Nearly hit me this time. I opened the door, letting myself into our dorm, only to notice the fire was out. Well, that was an easy fix.

"Incendio!" I yelled, and as the spell left the tip of my wand, and landed onto the wood in the fireplace, flames arose, instantly spitting sparks.
I sighed, hastily stuffing my wand back into my pocket.

It had been a long day, and all wanted to do right now was sleep. I made my way to the embellished, emerald door, opening it and letting myself into my room. I changed out of my school robes, making sure to take out my wand before neatly hanging my robes.

I walked over to the side of my bed, reaching out and grabbing my pillow. I lifted it up, and placed my wand underneath it, before putting the pillow back down. I fluffed up the pillow, slightly.

Drowsily, I climbed into bed, and just as I was about to close my eyes, I heard the door creak open, probably meaning that Potter was back.

I would've probably went out to see him if I wasn't so bloody tired. It'd  be a shame if someone beat me to it, I'd never be able to live with that.

But just as I was about to doze off, I heard my door creak as it opened, now slightly ajar. I kept my eyes shut, but could just barely make out Potter's face peering at me from the gap as I faintly opened my right eye.

"Oh- he's asleep-," I heard him whisper to himself. His face faded away as he closed the door. Although I was cold, I could feel my face burning up.

What did he want? Was it something important? Maybe I should go and check. But if it was important he would've woken me up. Yeah, he would've.

And with that, I felt myself slowly succumb to the drowsiness, and before I knew it, I was asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I reached out dorm, hoping that maybe Malfoy was there. I slowly opened the creaky door, entering our dorm. I looked around, and the fireplace was spitting fresh, bright amber sparks.

I had put out the fire before I left, so I assume he must have returned and lit the fire. The bathroom was vacant, leaving only one possible place in our dorm for him to be in. Unless, of course, he's in my room for some reason, which seems unlikely.

I, as quietly as possible, snuck over to his door, hoping that he wasn't asleep yet. I reached out my hand, slowly, about to turn the handle to his door.

At the pace of a century-old tortoise, I twisted the handle, and pushed it forward, ever so slightly, forming a slim gap between the door and the wall.

It was dark, with only the dim lamp, which was placed on the table beside him, as a source of light. It glowed a faint golden light, illuminating the rest of the room.

My eyes then landed onto the bed, beneath the deep green blanket was Malfoy, fast asleep. "Oh- he's asleep-," I managed to croak out to myself, in awe over his features, embellished by the soft, honey-colored light. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep, his face glowed under the amber light.

Carefully, I closed the door, hoping to make as less noise as possible. I wouldn't want to wake him up. It's probably best I get some rest, too, seeing as we have classes tomorrow.

I practically dragged myself to the other side of the room, lazily opening the bright garnet door to my room, letting myself in. I closed the door behind me, making my way to the bedside table, turning on the lamp that sat wordlessly atop my side table.

I opened the first drawer, cautiously lowering the maurader's map into it, making sure to cover it with my invisibility cloak. After I placed my glasses and my wand onto the side table, I crawled into bed, covering myself with the blood-red sheets.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next chapter coming soon! <3