Ch.13- Heartbreak

Hermione and Ron both returned to the Gryffindor table, but hadn't expected so much to change in the mere minutes that the table was deprived of their presence. Hermione left to meet a muggle-born Ravenclaw that shared some of the same interests as her, and Ron was sending an owl to his family. Shocked, the two stared at Harry and Ginny, wide-eyed and perplexed by how Harry was all lovey-dovey with Ginny.

Ginny sat comfortably next to Harry, who seemed slightly stiff, but was clearly returning the amount of affection he was receiving. Harry had his arm wrapped around her, and she twirled a strand of her hair with her fingers, giggling. It was sickeningly sweet, not to mention fake. On Harry's part, at least.

Ron and Hermione knew what the other was thinking without having said a word. They both thought this was out of character for Harry, especially since he had recently been crushing on a certain blond.

Harry had just had a long talk with Ron the other night, confessing about his feelings towards Malfoy, someone whom they not only loathed for nearly seven years, but also fought his father on several occasions, seeing as he was a death-eater.  Why go back after making a confession like that?

Ron certainly was baffled by the whole situation, but Hermione was outright appalled. If this was truly Harry, it would mean he not only lied to her and Ron about his feelings, but led on Malfoy. Hermione needed to put him straight (well, more likely the opposite, if you know what I mean ;)  ) , and confront him about it. If he refused to talk, or even think about lying to her, she'd just have to squeeze the answers out of him. Lying to Hermione was not an option.

Hermione was about to march over there, practically fuming, but was stopped by Ron.

"Get out of my way, Ron! We deserve answers! How could he tell us one thing, then do another? Why would he lie to us about having feelings for-,"

Before Hermione could finish her sentence, the was cut off by Ron, pressing his lips onto hers. She lightly shoved him away, her cheeks tinted a deep red.

"Sorry, I had to stop you before you got too far into that sentence." He claimed, apologetically.

She closed her eyes and sighed, crossing her arms while lowering her head. "I just can't believe he'd do anything like that. At least, not willingly. I needed some answers, and so do you."

Ron placed his hand on her shoulder comfortingly. "Look, we should talk to him privately, instead of demanding some answers in front of everyone. We should ask him when Ginny isn't around, because if he does have something to tell us, he probably won't say it in front of her. Especially if she has something to do with this."

She looked up at him and smiled.
"I never thought I'd be saying this, but, you're right. We should wait."

From the corner of his eye, Ron noticed someone standing at the entrance of the Great Hall. That someone would most definitely not be pleased about the whole Harry and Ginny situation.

"  'mione, look! It's Malfoy!" He pointed out, causing Hermione's head to snap in the direction where he stood. 
Their whole time at Hogwarts (almost), they never liked Malfoy, let alone feel bad for him, that is , of course, until recently when they discovered he might not be that bad. However, the expression he wore in that exact moment, was heart-clenching. You could see the pain in his eyes, even from a mile away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There he was, sitting next to Ginny Weasley. There was practically no distance between the two. I could've sworn I heard a crack, which means it was either me subconsciously cracking my knuckles, or the sound of my heart breaking.

I stood there, beneath the arch, letting the tears run down my face as Potter leans in to kiss her. Finding it unbearable to watch, I run off to the bathroom.