Ch.8- New Dorm

Harry and Draco made their way to the (not abandoned) Transfigurations Classroom, which, strangely enough, the Headmistress had asked to meet them in. A sharp sense of dread restfully took its place in the pit of Harry's stomach. He had a terrible feeling of knowing what was to come, premonition pulsed through his veins. The way Professor Slughorn spoke to him about it...

Draco came to a sudden halt, Harry stopped to, confused. But with further examining, the raven-haired realized that they had reached their destination. A part of him pleaded for him to not enter the room, but seeing as he had no choice, he reached for the door handle.

However, Draco had also reached to open the door, but they were too late in realizing it that the realization was only made when their hands touched. It sent electric shocks through Harry, goosebumps forming on his arm. Harry and Draco both retracted their hands, yet one of them still had to open the door. Harry reaches out once more, however Draco had the same thought, resulting in an excruciatingly awkward interaction between the two. Red tint colored their cheeks, even their ears, ever so slightly.

In the end, the blond roughly pushed Harry aside, continuing to turn the door's handle. He gently pushed open the door, letting Harry enter the room first, which not so surprisingly came as a shock to him. Professor McGonagall was silently sitting in the seat behind the desk, watching the two as a very subtle smirk formed on her lips.

Harry and Draco shared awkward glances as they made their way to a seat in front of the Headmistress. They both sat down, and almost immediately asked them to "have a biscuit", to which they both responded by taking one off the plate.

"So," the Professor began, "it has come to my attention that you have not been meeting your previous year's standards. Well, in 6th Year you were doing quite well, and, if I recall, you wanted to become an auror?"

"Erm- yes, I do-,"

"Well, since you aren't quite on the right path in Potions right now for it, I have requested from Professor Slughorn to ask you both to study outside of class." She stated, yet it didn't sound like that was all she had to say. She wouldn't have dragged them all the way here just to inform them of something they already knew.

"And," Professor McGonagall started, cryptically, " since you both might find it easier, I have additionally requested for a separate dorm for you two. Your stuff is already packed and at your new dorm."

Harry looked over at Draco, who's face was paler than ever, shocked and in disbelief.

"What? I may have heard that wrong, clearly you don't expect me to put up with-,"

"No, I assure you, you heard me right. Anyways, let me lead you both to your new dorm."

She got out of her seat, and indicated for us to do so as well. So as Harry got out of his seat, Draco shot him a glare, then, unwillingly, got up , too.

Professor McGonagall gestured for them to follow her as she opened the door, exiting the room as Harry and Draco followed behind her. Harry felt guilty as this was partially his fault that they now have to share a dorm.

It felt as if it took a light year to get to where their dorm was kept, and oddly enough, Harry didn't recognize this part of Hogwarts. Their was a gargantuan painting of a two apples, one red one green. The bowl in with they were kept was a striking black, and the background was grey, leaving the apples to be the focus point of the painting.

"The password is 'tristis acidus'." McGonagall informed the two.

(Okay so I feel like I need to explain why their password is 'tristus acidus'.
It's because both of the words can mean 'dreary' in Latin, and this one time when my teacher asked me to read  what was written on the assignment she assigned us, I read 'dreary' as 'Drarry'... its not my fault, they look and sound similar. Also if you directly put it through Latin to English, it'll be 'sad sour', but don't question it. Or do. Also stay at home and wash your hands, I just want y'all to be safe.)

The painting swung open to reveal an embellished door. The Headmistress motioned for Harry to open the door, and he continued to do so. He turned the door's rustic handle to reveal a room with a roaring fire place, a dark grey sofa with small table placed in front of it, and two doors opposite each other. One was a dark green, the other one a deep crimson. Harry's face lit up, and admittedly, so did Draco's.

"I suppose I'll leave you both to unpack, then?" She said, as she walked away, a knowing smile planted onto her face.

But just as Harry closed the entrance to their new dorm, he heard another door shut behind him. Draco had entered his new room, probably to unpack. Or to just complain about this whole situation- most likely to himself since there's no one else but them here. (*insert smirk*)

Harry sighed as he, too, let himself into his room, which was opposite Draco's. His room's door was a garnet, whereas Draco's was a lush green. Harry closed the door behind him, and went over to his trunk to unpack. In the middle of the cozy room was his bed, with a small side table on either side of the bed, a lamp sat still on the one to the right, and a cage that held a hooting Hedwig within it was perched on the side table to the left.

(Also, yes, Hedwig is alive and well here. I feel like Hedwig didn't really need to die. Her death tears me up every time I read/watch it.)

Harry walked over to her cage, and opened it, doing the same for the window in order to let her spread her wings for a bit. He then continued to unpack his stuff, neatly placing the map into the drawer of one of the side tables.

He got changed out of his school robes, then slumped onto his bed, exhausted. Draco's probably furious at Harry right now, but to be fairly honest, when isn't he? He removed his glasses and set them onto the side table.

Harry was just about to doze off, when, unfortunately, someone knocked on his door. He reluctantly got up, putting on his glasses as he made his way to the door. He opened it, revealing Draco.

"Um- hey- I just wanted to ask you something." Draco stated, while nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh? Alright, then." Harry said, as he and Draco made their way to the middle room, and they both decided to sit on the grey sofa. Draco glanced at Harry, but quickly averted his gaze. A light pink tint started to show up on Draco's face, but he cleared his throat, readying himself to ask the question.

"Potter- I, erm-," Draco stuttered.

"I'm sorry I reacted horribly to having to share a dorm with you, though I'm sure you understand why." He apologized, yet he still hadn't said what he meant to.

"It's fine, I wouldn't have wanted to share a room with a slimy git like you, either."

"Wouldn't have?" Draco questioned, now completely off track.

Harry looked around nervously, and came to the conclusion that answering that would only result in Harry somewhat confessing, and he doesn't want that. So in awkward social interactions like these, Harry definitely would pick flight over fight.

"Erm- I'm feeling a bit tired." Harry said, getting out of his seat and rushing over to the door to his room, opening said door and hauling himself onto his bed, but not before closing his door shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~