Ch.7- The Other Mask

During potions, Harry's eyes were glued to Draco, seemingly unable to get his eyes off of him. Draco was a hazard to Harry's education, as he was tremendously distracting.

"Potter. Potter!" The voice rang through his ears, snapping him back to reality. Harry looked around warily, now face to face with the person he was staring at seconds ago.

"Umm- what are we-," Harry began.

"Honestly, Potter, do you never focus in class?" Draco said, annoyance lined in his voice as he rolled his eyes.

"Go grab the ingredients, will you?" He demanded.

"Um- sure." Harry sounded, as he got out of his seat and made his way to the shelves, holding the ingredient list. He picked out a couple things, which seemed awfully familiar to him. They were probably ingredients to a potion he recognized.

He made his way back to Draco, who stood there, tapping his feet impatiently. When Harry arrived by his side, he snatched the ingredients and started to prepare everything.

"What now?" Harry questioned.

"Now, you just stand there while I do this. By doing that, you'll ensure we don't mess up this potion." Draco replied, going back to adding in the ingredients one by one.

Harry scoffed, absentmindedly biting his lower lip. He crossed his arms, still watching the blond stir and add more ingredients. Harry admired his sharp features, and his ruffled,messy platinum-blond hair.

"Enjoying the view, Potter?"  This was surely enough to finally snap Harry out of his trance.

"Um- err-,"

Draco chuckled, and turned around to face Harry. Harry assumed the potion was done, and was suddenly overwhelmed by a sudden wave of Malfoy's cologne. This gave Harry a dreadful sense of déjà vu, until he remembered the time when Hermione brought him to the RoR.

Harry was a millisecond away from mentioning it, but quickly caught himself before he did, in case it was amortentia that they were brewing.

"Well?" Draco asked, looking at Harry inquiringly. "What do you smell?"

And the one time he tried to think of things or scents he likes or would mean something to him, the thought of Malfoy's cologne flooded his thoughts, making Harry incapable of thinking of anything other than it. And in a rush to answer, Harry dumbly splurged out, "Cologne."

Harry cursed under his breath, mentally slapping himself in the face for saying that. Draco shot Harry a knowing, teasing smirk, which Harry returned with and eye-roll.

This then led Harry to ask Draco, " What do you smell?", to which Draco replied with utter silence.

After a long moment of thinking, he finally answered.

"Apples."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pfft, apples, seriously? Draco thought, turning away from Harry. He despised being Harry's partner, and overall seeing Harry, let alone interacting with him. But not because he hates Harry, no, that's not it. It's because ever since the Weaslette had confronted Draco about it, he couldn't help but think about him reminding Harry of all those things, and honestly, Harry could do with at least one year without any complications.

They had finished quite early, and Harry decided to small talk, attempting to break the awkward silence.

"So, um, are you taking anyone to the masked ball?"

Draco turned around to face Harry, and have him a weird look. He was confused on whether Harry was just genuinely asking, just wanted to say something to fill the silence, or was indirectly insinuating that he wanted to take him to the ball.