Ch.4- The RoR

This is basically just an hour after the previous chapter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry opened his eyes, his mind wandering about, and his thoughts automatically traveled to Draco, the blond he had been fawning over for the past week- well, he had accepted it in the past week, but he had, unknowingly, liked Draco for much, much longer.

Harry had been attempting to sleep for about an hour now, but only to find himself laying awake in the dead of night. He sighed and rolled over to his left side, reaching out to his cabinet.

He grabbed his wand and the map, and sat up in his bed. He covered himself with the garnet sheets, and casted,

"Lumos!"

He whispered it, trying to avoid waking anyone up. He then pointed his wand to the map, and murmured,

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."

Harry winced slightly after saying those words, for it reminded him of Fred. Harry opened the map, looking for someone specific. The light coming from his wand illuminated the paper, as his eyes examined it carefully.

His eyes shot to a place on the map where he had seen movement, and the name Draco Malfoy embellished a spot on the map. He was standing in front of  the RoR, which was not seen on the map, but Harry knew it was there.

Harry got up quietly, and grabbed his invisibility cloak, something he'd never thought he'd use again, and made his way out of the dorms, and then out of the common room.

He stealthily made his way to the end of the hallway, avoiding Filch and Mrs Norris on his way. He made a turn and took the stairs. After a few more turns and hallways, Harry reaches his destination, and in front of him stood a large door, plum in color and bedazzled with carvings that Harry had suspected to be runes.

His gaze then snapped to Draco, whose hair was ruffled, and was wearing his school robes, same as Harry. Harry took slow and cautious steps towards Draco, and casted Nox to put out his wand light. He then whispered "Mischief Managed." To the map, and the map of Hogwarts was wiped, leaving behind what looked like a spare piece of parchment .

Harry stuffed his wand and the map into his pockets, then looked up to see that Draco was looking at him-
Harry panicked, but then realized he was looking right through him. Harry let out a sigh of relief, but then tended and stiff end as Draco's gaze shot to where Harry stood.

Harry gulped, feeling the blond look at him, knowing that Draco would hex him to see if someone was standing there. Harry moved very quietly, and Draco's gaze was still glued to the spot where Harry stood.

But just as Harry took another step, his cloak got caught under his foot, causing it to slide off of Harry. Harry clenched his jaw and closed his eyes, freezing in place.

"Well, Well, if it isn't Harry Potter." He heard from behind him, and realized that Draco was awfully close to him, his breath on Harry's neck sent involuntary shivers to run up and down his spine. Harry was glued to the spot, he couldn't move, almost as if he was paralyzed, even though he wasn't.

Harry forced himself to turn around, but then stumbled slightly after seeing that Draco's face was really close to his own. But as Harry took a couple steps back, Draco took a couple steps forward, leaving Harry backed up against a wall.

Harry cowered under the gaze of the other, his face beginning to warm up.

"Well, Potter? What are you doing here? Probably think I'm up to something, don't you?" Draco accused, his face constantly getting closer and closer to Harry's, till they were mere inches apart.

Harry wanted to close the gap, to lock his lips with Draco's, but he knew he couldn't do that, at least not now. But as Harry fought with himself over whether or not he should, Draco grabbed his hand, which sent electric shocks to go through his arm, and pulled him to the direction of the door, which stood tall and alarmed, its deep purple color looked even deeper in the dark.

Draco pushed open the door, and dragged Harry into the room with him. He closed the door and let go of Harry's hand, which made the butterflies in his stomach protest.

The room was decorated with lavish green decorations, bedsheets, pillowcases, and much much more. There were silver accents around the room, which gave Harry the impression that this room was probably that of a Slytherin.

Malfoy gestured for Harry to sit on one of the two armchairs  that were facing the fireplace, which was lit and spitting out sparks as Harry made his way to the dark green chair.

He sat down, his eyes trailing Draco as he placed himself onto the one beside Harry. Draco looked at Harry, causing Harry to quickly avert his gaze, blood rushing to his face. He heard a low chuckle from the blond, which only made his cheeks turn a deeper shade of red.

"Well, Potter, since you're so interested in what I was doing, I was looking for this room. Of course, I bet you thought I was off killing muggle-borns. So typical of you, Potter." He said, a hint of bitterness in his voice not going unnoticed by Harry.

"I didn't think that, Malfoy. In fact, I don't actually know why I came here." Harry said, confusion clear as day on his face.

"Oh?" Draco said, a smirk crawling up onto his face. Draco's smirk deepened, as he got out of his chair.

An owl suddenly appeared, holding a quill and pieces of parchment. Draco started writing, and Harry thought that was his  cue to leave. 

Harry got up from his seat, and awkwardly made his way to the door. But as he was about to turn the handle, a hand grabbed his wrist, and pulled him back. He turned to face Draco, their gazes locking.

At that moment, the lush, emerald evergreen trees met the moonlit lake, green meeting grey. What was seconds felt like an eternity of staring into each other's goosebump-inducing eyes.

Harry's heart was fluttering, and, though he didn't know it, so was Draco's. Their faces gravitated closer, growing only mere inches apart. But as they were a millisecond away from locking their lips, a loud knock broke them from out of their trance.

"Um- sorry- excuse me for one second."
Draco hurriedly made his way to the door and opened it, and two people made their way into the room. Harry took this as a chance to escape the room, so he exited the deep plum-colored door, and hastily covered himself with his invisibility cloak, ignoring Draco's calls.

Harry walked and walked, the hallways getting longer and longer as every second passed by. Harry just wanted to get to his bed, go to sleep, and never wake up. Harry came to a halt in order to catch his breath, a stitch in his side.

He pulled himself together and continued his way to the Gryffindor Common room. Harry couldn't believe he and Draco almost kissed. Harry was furious that the person at the door couldn't wait even a second longer. His face flushed a vibrant red as he imagined Draco and himself snogging. Oh how he wished for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~