09

Jimin p.o.v.

I was currently standing in front of the high gates that separated the palace from the commoner's world, showing off the differences between our social classes. I took one deep breath before asking one of the guards to let me in.

"Excuse me. I'm supposed to start working here from today."

"What is your name?" A man with a handsome face asked nicely.

"Park Jimin." I quickly responded, shuffling nervously from one foot to another while he checked a list he was holding in his hand.

"Please wait for a bit. Someone will come and get you." He bowed and disappeared behind the gate, only to come back a few seconds later.

It felt like an eternity until a broad shouldered man appeared, facing the guard I was talking to before. "Thank you Hoseok, Hwanwoong is going to take over your shift in a few." After that, the man turned around to face me and bowed slightly. "Welcome, I'm assuming you're Park-ssi?"

I nodded, cringing at the way he called me, not really liking it when I was called by my last name. "Yes, but please call me Jimin." I bowed respectfully.

"Alright then, Jimin-ssi. I'm Kim Seokjin but feel free to call me Seokjin. Please follow me, I'll show you around." I followed Seokjin like he asked me to, being intimidated by the way the guards kept on looking in our direction.

"There are a lot of guards here." I remarked, a nervous chuckle leaving my lips.

"Well, yes. We're on royal ground here. The King and Queen are living in this building over there but you are not allowed to enter it alone, otherwise you might get killed by some of the guards." He said smiling, pointing towards a giant building, probably the biggest I've ever seen.

"O-oh, a-alright." I gulped nervously. That's right, royalty was living here so any wrong movement could cost my life.

Seokjin showed me more around, explaining a few rules to me. After some time we reached another impressive building, a bit smaller than the one from before.

"This Jimin-ssi, is one of the buildings you'll be allowed to enter. Well, only a part of it. It's the building where the prince lives. Once you meet the prince, he'll let you know where he wishes you to be and where not." Once he finished explaining, he pointed towards a much smaller building, not far from this building.

"In this one all the servers and workers live. I also live there and same will go for you. I'll show you everything." He motioned me to follow him inside.

Even though this was a building for servants, it was much more luxurious than my own house, making me almost feel ashamed.

I followed Seokjin and he showed me my room. "This will be your room, mine is right next to yours, so if you need anything, feel free to ask. The restroom is right down the corridor, to your left. Upstairs are all the rooms for women. The kitchen is right next to the entrance. Any questions?" He turned around to face me, a smile placed on his face.

"When do I know that the prince wants my services?"

"Oh yes, I almost forgot. I will come and get you, the rest of the time you can just rest in your room." I looked at him surprised that I'll just have to wait in my room until the prince wants sex.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to work. See you." He waved me goodbye and disappeared, leaving me alone in my new room.

I placed my bag that I was holding on the floor and walked towards the dresser. Sliding open the doors, my eyes widened. There were so many clothes inside in the most different colours. Me, as a member of the lower class, I wasn't used to see so many powerful colours.