On Another Continent

You, Thomas, and Dexter arrived at the airport. You all checked in your luggages and got the tickets. The three of you walked to the international flight section of the airport. You guys went through security and Dexter found the gate. Finally, you got the chance to sit down. You laid your head down on Thomas's shoulder and checked the time on your new phone. It's 8:50pm.

This has been quite a day. I had a graduation party and graduated from high school. Now, I'm on the way to South Africa to film a movie.

A loud voice knocked you out of your thoughts.

"Flight number 337 to Cape Town, South Africa is now boarding." the intercom said.

You, Thomas, and Dexter got up from your seats and got in line to board. The flight attendant checked your tickets and the three of you walked to the plane. Dexter was taking an Instagram video. You were in the middle of the boys. You guys walked onto the airplane and Thomas found the seats. They got first class tickets. The boys let you have the window seat, Thomas was in the middle, and Dexter was near the aisle. You all buckled up and prepared for takeoff.

You looked out the window to see the dark, night sky and a few twinkling stars. You let out a big yawn as you leaned back in your seat.

"Tired?" Thomas asked, taking your hand into his.

"Very. I've had a long day. I'm planning on sleeping the entire way there." you said.

"Good plan. Oh! We have two new people joining us in South Africa." Dexter said.

"Who?" you asked.

"Kaya and Ki Hong's baby boys." Thomas answered.

You gasped at that answer and you could barely contain your excitement.

Dexter handed out chewing gum to help with ear popping. Then, a flight attendant came on the intercom to explain the flight information and safety procedures. Once that was done, the plane went in reverse and maneuvered down the runway. It picked up speed and lifted up off the ground.

When the pilot said that they reached ten thousand feet, passengers could now use electronics. You pulled out your phone and headphones. You plugged them in and played music on shuffle. You laid your head on Thomas's shoulder again and closed your eyes. You felt him lay his head on yours.

[Many hours later]

You woke up to some turbulence. Some small lights came on in the plane. You rubbed your eyes and paused your music. Thomas and Dexter were sound asleep. You carefully moved the window shade. It's still dark out, probably because it's night time on this side of the world. A flight attendant was coming through with the snack cart.

"Would you like something?" she whispered to you.

"Yes, please. Three bottles of water and some granola bars." you ordered.

She handed me the food and beverages that you asked for.

You decided that you'll stay awake and checked any notifications. Fifteen minutes later, you heard Thomas and Dexter groan.

"Hey sleepy heads. Want a snack?" you whispered, handing them each a tiny water bottle and a granola bar.

After that little snack, you all went back to sleep. About two more hours later, the flight attendant came on the intercom.

"We'll be arriving in Cape Town, South Africa soon." she said.

You looked out the window. All you could see were a million little lights. Then, the plane landed on the runaway.

You have arrived, and you'll be reunited with your Maze Runner family in no time.