#169 MBTI

Signs as MBTI Personality Types

By vVv on Amino

What are the cognitive functions of MBTI?

You might have heard of this test and even have taken it. However, most tests are based solely on the dichotomies: E/I, S/N, F/T, P/J and I'm analyzing the signs based on cognitive functions which is a more in depth and accurate way to test. The cognitive functions are:

Fe- extraverted feeling which makes you be aware of other's feelings and needs. These people take on the role of the nurturer and "mom".

Fi- is introverted feeling which means these people are aware of their feelings and spend time thinking about themselves more than the others and their values.

Te- extroverted thinking which means that these people are focused on taking action, getting things done in the quickest most effective way.

Ti- introverted thinking. This is focused internally where the person wants to organize their experiences into categories. While Te wants to put order in the outside world, Ti wants the same in their own mind. They tend to gather much more info than often needed, just for the sake of it, than Te who justs wants the needed amount for something to be done quickly.

Ne- extroverted intuition. These people look outside, to people or events, to make connections and get ideas. They love ideas and new experiences/people. They are what one may call a "scatter brain" but for them it's better than be stuck in their ways.

Ni- introverted intuition. These people are often meditative and they can get revelations or epiphanies as to what will happen next or what an event meant without any palpable evidence. While Ne can predict how events will go based on cues they put together, Ni can do so based on their gut feeling.

The cognitive stacks of the types:

INFP - Fi Ne Si Te

ENFP - Ne Fi Te Si

INFJ - Ni Fe Ti Se

ENFJ- Fe Ni Se Ti

ISFJ- Si Fe Ti Ne

ESFJ- Fe Si Ne Ti

ISFP- Fi Se Ni Te

ESFP- Se Fi Te Ni

ISTP- Ti Se Ni Fe

ESTP- Se Ti Fe Ni

ISTJ- Si Te Fi Ne

ESTJ- Te Si Ne Fi

INTJ- Ni Te Fi Se

ENTJ- Te Ni Se Fi

INTP- Ti Ne Si Fe

ENTP- Ne Ti Fe Si

Se- extroverted sensing. These people tend to live in the moment, be very aware of their surroundings and are generally more prone to be adrenaline junkies or very laid back. They are living the moment and letting it go once it passes.

Si- introverted sensing. These people tend to associate the present with the past. They tend not to move houses or even jobs or even end friendships because what is comfortable is worth keeping. They are the epitome of "Rather than throw away, we can fix it".

Disclaimer: ANY SIGN CAN BE ANY TYPE however, I'm looking at the signs in their purest form, maybe in the stereotype kind of way. Anyhow, some are based on my experience and people I met. In a different post I will analyze the way my birth chart is connected to my MBTI.

Aries ♈: ENFP, ESFP, ESTP

Aries is the baby of the zodiac. It is a fire sign, impulsive, brave, and they can have the attitude of ME ME ME. Enfp and Esfp suit it because both types are fun to be around yet a but egoistical, putting their needs first. Estp, on the other hand, was chosen because of the here and now attitude. As aries is impulsive, it fits this type.

Taurus ♉: ISFP, ISTJ, ESFP

Taurus is a sign that values their own opinion, they are stubborn. That's what Fi means. They can also be logical and like getting things done, they're hardworking(Te). They love living a good life, they can be materialistic, enjoying physical sensations (dom Se- ESFP)

Gemini ♊: ENTP, ESTP, ISTP

Communication is key with this sign. Entp loves debating and discussing. Estp likes living in the moment and new experiences. Istp is the other side of Gemini, the mechanics. They are handy people, loving to get to know how stuff works.

Cancer ♋: INFP, INFJ, ISFJ

Emotional, loving people. They value their emotions (Fi- INFP) and the emotions of other (Fe- INFJ, ISFJ). They are deep people who love to spend time alone but also help others.

Leo ♌: ESFP, ENTJ, INFP

Leos love to be noticed, to live in luxury, to have the best of things (ESFP). They are highly ambitious and work hard towards their goals(ENTJ), while also being deep and emotional, going by their guts(INFP).

Virgo ♍: ISFJ, ISTJ, INFJ

Virgos are intellectual people but with a nurturing capacity(ISFJ, INFJ). They are hardworking and enjoy putting things in order in the most efficient way(ISTJ). They can also be people with a vision who fight for a cause they believe will change the world(INFJ).

Libra ♎: ESFJ, ENFJ, ISFJ

Libras love being around people and making them feel good(ESFJ, ISFJ) but they can also be friendly yet somehow detached(ENFP). They value relationships and do better when in groups (ESFJ)

Scorpio ♏: INFP, ENTJ, ISTP

I feel like Scorpio has a lot of sides, it really depends. They can be deep, private, emotional people(INFP), highly ambitious, going after their goals obsessively with the vision they have(ENTJ) or prefering to experiment the here and now in a passive way, analyzing everything. (ISTP)

Sagittarius ♐: ENFP, ESFP, ESTP

When you say Sagittarius, i imagine upbeat people who don't really plan. They are spontaneous, live in the moment but have a sketch for the future and are really interesting and friendly.

Capricorn ♑: ESTJ, ENTJ, INTJ

Capricorns are goal oriented, like organizing, are serious and intelligent. All of these types represent that.

Aquarius ♒: ENTP, INTP, ISFP

Unique, loving to question normality and conformity, ENTP and INTP suit them very well. They can be very detached intellectuals with great ideas. Also, they love creating and doing what feels best for them(ISFP)

Pisces ♓: ISFP, INFP, INFJ

Pisces are very responsive to other people's emotions. They feel deeply and are deeply affected. They are dreamy(INFP), arsty(ISFP) creative and have this vague vibe about them (Neptune effect).(INFJ)

----------

This does makes sense, I'm an Aquarius but my moon sign is Capricorn and I'm an INTJ, one of the rarest personality types that makes up only 2% of the population (together with INFJ and ENTJ), and female INTJs are even rarer (less than 1 percent of women are INTJ). You can take a test in the web, there's a ton of websites that can help you find you personality type.