CHAPTER 9

John's P.O.V

I waited for Lucy to come back. I don't think I ever needed anyone as much as I needed Lucy right now, she was the only one who was familiar with this area. This reminded me of Paul, he needed me right now and I wasn't even looking for him.

To be honest, I really needed him too. I tried to think where he could be.

I stood there, alone, in the dark. Too much was going through my mind. How could my older self have died? When was Lucy coming back? Where was Paul? Will we ever get the gem back? Will I ever get back home?

I started to sweat, the cool air blowing on my hot face. Paul and I are best friends and best friends never let each other down. But Lucy told me to stay here so nothing bad happened to me. I was determined to go find Paul but I knew I needed to stay here so Lucy can find me again, she was my eyes in this new place.

"Ugh! What do I do?!" I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath. I was lost in my thoughts.

I suddenly was snapped back into reality when I heard a noise come from the park, in the bushes. Who was it?! I shouldn't bring attention to myself because who knows what would happen if I did that.

I couldn't stand it any longer, I needed to go find Paul. I thought I would stay in the same area so if Lucy came back we could find each other.

I left the corner of the building and started walking around, I put my head down so it would be difficult for anyone to recognise me. First I thought I'd look around the sidewalk, I couldn't find anyone. I walked up towards a park.

As I was walking, an idea for a song title came to mind. It was going to be called Help because that's all I needed now. A lot of help! I reached into my pocket and grabbed out a piece of paper and a pen to write down the lyrics.

When I grabbed out my equipment I heard a yell come from the bushes. It startled me.

"Who's there?" My voice shivered.

I saw a man come out from behind the bushes, ruffled hair and a leather jacket.

Who was it?! I was getting scared now.

Paul's P.O.V

I picked up a twig and started poking at the dirt beneath me with it. I sighed and sniffed. I continued poking the dirt when I heard the footsteps of a man walking towards me. I slowly looked through the leaves to see if I can get a glimpse of who this person was.

They reached into their pocket brought out this flat looking thing and held it. They then went into their other pocket and took out something, bigger than a sheet of paper. It was long and they clicked it, must've been a pen. They started writing on the paper.

As I stood there, I felt something on my ankle. I looked down to see, a spider!

"Aaah! Get of me!" I yelled smacking at the spider until it finally gave up and crawled away.

"Who's there?" The man asked.

I covered my mouth and instantly regretted yelling, now he definitely knew I was here! I was so stupid!

There was no point on hiding any longer. I came out from the bushes, I looked terrible, my hair was all ruffled, I had a scar from where is scratched myself on the brick wall and my clothes were all covered in dirt.

John's P.O.V

"Who are you?" I asked.

"John?!" He yelled excitedly.

"Paul?!" I yelled back as excited as he was.

Oh my God! I found him! We came closer to the streetlight and saw each other in the distance.

"Oh my God, John! I'm so glad I found you!" Paul called.

He ran towards me and hugged me very tightly. I missed him so much!

"I can't believe it's really you, John!" Paul was almost shouting with relief, "How'd ya find me?"

"Lucy and I travelled to the future together to find you!" I said while being squeezed to death.

He whimpered quietly out of gratitude and buried his head into my shoulder.

Lucy's P.O.V

I bought the coat and hat for John as a disguise. I was on my way back to where I left John. Oh my God! He was gone! I dropped my bags and my eyes widened with fear.

He was gone! It was dangerous for him to be out there! Where could he be? He had no disguise! Neither did Paul! I had lost the two most famous people in all of history and I lost the gem that was the only hope of getting them back home to make history. What have I done?!

I had to go looking for him. I walked along the pavement, the darkness swallowed the road ahead of me. I then stepped on something, I kneeled down to see what it was, I picked up the flyer and went into a streetlight to read it.

25% off Hotel Paradise!

"Yes!" I shouted. Exactly what I needed! John, Paul and I could stay there until we get the gem back! I slid the flyer into my wallet and slid it back into my pocket.

John's P.O.V

"You don't understand how glad I am to see you! Now we can go back to the past!" Paul said excitedly, tears of joy lining his lashes.

"Um, well about that..." I said remembering that we lost the gem.

"What about that? All we need is the gem, to put on a record and were back, all safe!" He said, worry was evident in his voice. Although, it was a lot more complicated then he thinks.