Vanilla

Louis

I stood there for a moment, my mouth agape, staring in awe at the absolutely beautiful man that had just entered our quiet little store.

"What are you looking at mate? You look like you just saw a ghost," Niall's heavy Irish accent rang through the air, snapping me out of my trance. "Ah, I see. Handsome man over there has you swooning, huh? Go talk to him!"

"Uh, no. No way in hell is that happening."

"Come on! You never know when he'll be here again, better shoot your shot while you still can, y' know?"

"Yeah, how about no." There was no chance of me ever scoring a win with this guy, and I really wasn't in the mood to embarrass myself today. It'd be better for both of us if I just stayed away.

The man started walking towards us and I noticed just how lanky he really is. If I didn't know any better, I'd say his legs made up 90% of his body, that's how long they were. The man, let's just call him Pretty Boy, for now, had that look on his face, the one you make when you have a question, so it was safe to assume that he was coming to ask a question. Niall must have picked up on this because he patted my shoulder and whispered "Good luck" into my ear before walking away. Leaving me standing alone with Pretty Boy walking towards me.

"S'cuse me, sir?" His voice was quiet and deep. Slow and drawn out. I had to look up at him just to see his eyes, which were the most precious shade of green you'll ever see.

After a few more speechless seconds of me making way more eye contact than necessary, I finally found the balls to say something back to him.

"How- How can I help you?" He cracked a small smile at the sound of my voice- just a little side smile- and that was enough to have me smiling back at him.

"Do you, by chance, know where the ice cream is? I tried to find it myself but it seems to be locked away in a hidden chamber or something."

I chuckled awkwardly, looking down at my feet. "Yeah, they do put it in an unusual spot here. It's all the way at the back wall, away from all of the other frozen things. Who knows why? You just wanna follow me?" I explained.

"Sure, thank you..." He pauses for a moment, looking around at my store apron, "You don't seem to have a name tag. What's your name?"

"I'm um- I'm Louis. I lost my nametag awhile ago and they're yet to make me a new one."

"Well thank you, Louis. I'm Harry." Harry. It works.

We had already started walking, and I figured we would keep walking after our introductions, however, Harry stops right in the middle of a stride and reaches his hand out to mine. I shook his hand, the cool metal of his rings stinging my hands. I made a mental note of his strong handshake. My dad had always told me that people who give a "floppy fish" handshake can't be trusted and I've been sure to pay attention to it every time since.

We started walking again. I was slightly ahead of Harry simply because I was leading him somewhere, but I could feel him close behind me. We finally arrived at the isle and I went to walk away, satisfied that I got to learn his name at the least.

"Wait," A gruff voice stopped me as I started to trek out of the aisle.

"Yeah?"

A smirk played on Harry's face as he asked him if he recommended any ice cream flavors in specific and I had a strong feeling he knew good and well what kind of ice cream he liked. Still, I pointed out my favorites, making sure to note what I like the best about each of them while Harry listened incredibly closely.

A/N: Hello humans. I've never written proper fan-fiction before, so let's see how this goes. I can't think of anything that's going to be worth a trigger warning in this story at the moment, but if there ever is need for one it'll be at the beginning of the chapter its in. Thank you!