Rocky Road

Lou: Harreh help meh

Lou: Harryyyy

Lou: I'm pretty sure I'm dying, answer your bloody phone

I've been trying to get in touch with Harry all day because if I didn't know any better, I'm basically on my death bed. At least that's what it feels like when you can't breathe out of your nose but breathing through your mouth basically sends your throat into the fiery pits of hell.

With Niall at work and my parents in another country, I'm pretty much alone ... except for Harry. It's been a few weeks since I saw him at the store for the first time and we haven't really stopped talking since. At first, I was a little hesitant to text him, but the longer I lay here the worse I feel and I realize that I couldn't care less if Harry sees me sick as a dog, I just want someone to complain to.

Harry: Christ's sake Louis

Harry: WAIT ARE YOU ACTUALLY DYING?????

Lou: Fucking finally Harry

Lou: You finally learned how to answer your phone

Lou: I might as well be. I feel like hell and I'm all alone and sad

Harry: Are you alright?

Lou: That was a dumb question but not really.

Lou: Soooo sick if you haven't picked up on that. Come over

After that, Harry didn't answer his phone ... again. I saw that he read the message, but he didn't answer it, so I just assumed he was being a jerk face. I was proven wrong when I heard a knock at the door. When I looked at the peephole I saw none other than Harry Freaking Styles standing outside my door. Because, like the sweetie he is, he drove all the way over to my flat to come to take care of me.

I opened the door, immediately greeted by Harry's hands feeling all over my forehead, presumably checking for a fever. He had a couple of bags in his free hand, but I didn't bother trying to see what was in them.

"Hi, Harry." I rasped out. It was the first time I used my voice since Niall left for work, and I didn't expect it to sound as bad as it did.

"Louis! Your poor voice. Let's go over to the couch alright? I brought a few things I want to show you. Then you can tell me what isn't feeling good and we can dose you up with some medicine. Sounds good?"

I nodded my head and started back to the couch. The living room was pretty much a mess but I couldn't be bothered to be embarrassed by it. When we got there, I nestled back into my blanket mountain, still feeling just as pathetic as I had before Harry had come over. I wasn't really that sick, but I definitely didn't feel good at all.

"Alrighty, Lou. On my way over I stopped to get a few things." Harry started sifting through the bags, pulling things out one by one. "So, first things first, I brought some ice cream. I didn't know what shape your stomach would be in, so I brought some just in case. I also got a thermometer, because I know you and I know that you probably don't have one."

"I don't."

"I didn't think so. I also brought some fancy water and some Gatorade. Oh, and some medicines too. You didn't really tell me what was feeling bad so I just got a bunch." I just nodded my head in response. Talking didn't really feel great and I didn't want to if I didn't have to.

"So what's feeling bad? We can get you some medicine and then you can't sleep or something if you want."

"Um," I had to stop to clear my throat, "My throat is killing me, I can't breathe out of my nose and my head doesn't feel the best. My stomach feels a tad dodgy, but I haven't eaten all day so it's probably that," I painfully explained.

"Okay, I have stuff for that. The first order of business is for you to stop talking because I swear hearing your voice makes me hurt for you. I'll dish you out some ice cream and you can eat that so you aren't taking and medicine on an empty stomach, yeah?"

Again, I simply nodded my head. Harry went into my kitchen to grab a bowl, having to open pretty much every cabinet just to find them. After that was his quest for a spoon, which he found relatively quickly. He dishes out the ice cream and comes back out to me, gently handing me the bowl.

When all of the ice cream is gone and I've taken all of the necessary medicines I end up curled up next to Harry wondering why I'm so cold. That mystery is solved when Harry tells me about the fever I'm running. I start to worry but he just tells me to close my eyes and sleep some, so that's exactly what I do.

-

Niall comes home that afternoon to Harry and I watching The Simpsons on the couch together, me inside of Harry's arms. I locked eyes with him as he walked through the door and I fully expected him to make a snarky remark about how adorable we are together, but instead, he just gives me a nice little smile and carries on his way.

I soon realize that I'm not feeling as cold as I was, so I kick the blanket off of my legs and it falls to the floor.

"M' not as cold anymore," I speak out to Harry, my voice only slightly less hoarse than it was.

Harry lays a gentle hand on my forehead, checking my fever again. He lingers there for a moment before pulling away.

"Your fever has gone down, love. That's probably why. Are you feeling any better now? Your voice sounds a bit better."

"Mildly. Still not great but not as bad. Thanks for dropping everything to come to take care of me." I tilt my head up to look at Harry and I see that he's looking down at me too.

"Of course, Lou. I wasn't doing anything interesting today anyway. Maybe once you're feeling a bit better we can go roller skating or something? I'm a bit of a klutz but I get the feeling that you'd be pretty good at it."

I couldn't help but laugh at that, seeing as I have roller derby trophies scattered around my home from my teenage days. I was going to say something, but I decided to just let him soak in his glory.

"Okay, yeah. Sounds fun."

"Sweet. Only when you're back on your feet, though. Only rest for you until then. I will personally cover your shifts until then if I have to."

"No need," Niall interjects, waltzing into the room. He's decided to keep his clothes on today, which I was incredibly thankful for. "I'm pretty much already covering them. How did he manage to get you here though? No one I know would willingly spend time with him while he's sick. He's an overdramatic prick when he's sick and he knows it."

"Oh shut up," I retorted.

"S' not that bad, really. A bit dramatic, but he's sick so he has the right to be. He's just unwell."

"Thank you, Harry. And Niall, you didn't even have to come here after your shift, you literally do not live here."

"I know I don't, but I'm not a total arse, had to make sure you were doing alright. I'll admit, seeing you snuggled up like a kitten on top of Harry was adorable and I would have been mad if I had missed it." There's the Niall I know... Always making comments about my love life.

Harry and I just laughed along with him as he kept talking. Harry didn't end up leaving until late that night, and I must say that I did fall asleep on him again. Niall couldn't stop cooing over us, but I can't say I minded very much, nor did I have the energy to care. I was just content that there were people with me and a cozy place to sleep.