Chocolate

Harry ended up putting 20 cartons of ice cream in the cart. 20. When I asked him if he was hosting an ice cream party his response was something along the lines of "Nope, I just have a really large freezer and a love for ice cream."

So now, I'm standing next to him as he pushes the cart over to the checkout lane. Once we reach it, I hop behind the counter of my previously abandoned register and he thinks that this is the right moment to let his hair out of the bun it's in. In one swift motion, he pulls a hair tie out of his hair and out it goes, flowing down softly by his shoulders.

I must have stopped what I was doing and ended up staring at him because next thing I know he's clearing his throat and looking down at the ice cream I was halfway through scanning.

"So, Louis..." He trails off.

"What's up, Harry?"

"M' gonna need some entertainment while I stuff my face with ice cream tonight. Only issue is that I just finished my favorite show and I haven't got many friends." Harry was looking down at his shoes but also sort of looking up at me. A shy smile was plastered on his face and I could tell that I was grinning like an idiot. "I was thinking that maybe I could give you my cell number and we could like ... I don't know, text or something? If you want to, that is."

You see, it's not every day an insanely beautiful man comes in and asks for your phone number, so as you can imagine, I was totally prepared for this moment and I was able to totally keep my cool and not embarrass myself. Not.

Instead, I was a stuttering mess, trying hard to form a response that didn't sound like I was a teenage girl who just met her idol.

"Um- Um- Yes! Wait, um, yeah, okay. That'd be cool."

As a response, Harry laughed the most wonderful and angelic laugh that I've ever heard. He threw his head back ever so slightly and let every single one of his teeth show. It wasn't even a hard laugh, just a gentle, nonjudgemental laugh. In other words, it was Heaven on Earth.

"Right, well," Harry started after coming down from his bout of laughter. "Here," He handed me a piece of paper out of seemingly nowhere, "Is my number. You can text me whenever you want. No need to worry about seeming too eager or anything. I'll probably light up when you text."

"Alright, I will. But, may I ask why you keep pieces of paper with your number on them in our pocket?"

"Eh, not really a valid reason for that one. Just started doing it one day in my junior year and haven't stopped since."

At this point, we were holding up the checkout lane, so I said goodbye to Harry, promising to text him when I got off my shift.

He took his bags and pranced out the door, weighed down by the weight of his ice cream.

-

Niall came out of the kitchen in just his boxers, plopping down on the couch with a bag of chips in hand. He doesn't live here, but it's practically his second home. He stopped caring about being courteous on his fourth visit here, and I haven't felt the need to say anything about it yet, so I let him.

"You killed it today, Tommo! He gave you his number, right?"

"Yeah, he did."

"Did you text him yet?"

"Yeah, I did." Truthfully, we had been chatting since the moment I got home today up until now. He just left to take a shower, but he told me that he'd be back right after.

"Sick! You're already getting it right. Hey, what's this guy's name anyway?"

"Harry," I definitely didn't need to tell him that he was 'Ice Cream Boy :)' in my phone.

"That explains the long hair. So do you dig him?"

"Okay, first, I'm sure he didn't decide to grow out his hair just because his name is Harry. Second, I don't know if I 'dig him' or not. Sure, he's handsome, but I don't really know the guy and he's probably straight anyway. Plus, even if he is gay, he sure as hell wouldn't want me of all people."

That's the thing, any time I fall for someone, they end up being straight or finding someone a million times better than me. I've been through it too many times before so even if I do end up fancying Harry, I'd rather just be his friend.

"Come on mate, you have got to stop being so insecure. Harry'll end up loving you and you can hold that against me."

"Keep telling yourself that."