Butter Pecan

"You're fucking whipped," Niall stated when he glanced over at me. I was texting Harry, naturally, and I probably had a huge grin spanned across my face.

"Niall. He is my friend. Better yet, he is my straight friend." I put my phone down beside me and turned to face Niall. Ever since he came home to me sick in Harry's lap, he won't leave me alone. Every time we talk to each other he's bringing it up in some way or another.

"Mate, do you need to go to the doctor?"

"No? Why?"

"Because your gaydar is a little off. Actually, it's pretty off."

"Look, dude, I get that you want to help and the thought of me actually having a life is thrilling to you, but you have gotta leave me alone about this Harry business. If I end up catching feelings for Harry, then I'll let you know when I do. Till then, just leave it be, yeah?"

"Alright, Lou. Whatever you say."

-

Harry's POV

I was pacing around my living room like a crazy person, trying to decide if it would be totally crazy to invite Louis to the ice cream gathering at my work later. We're allowed to invite people, but I don't know if he'd even like to go.

All of a sudden, I hear an artificial voice ring through the air, and I immediately look to Liam, who's holding his tablet.

"Could you stop pacing?" I stopped my pacing and went to sit down on the couch. I put my head in my hands and tugged at the ends a bit. I had sufficiently stressed myself out about this.

"What are you stressing about?" Liam asked.

"You know Louis, right?" Liam nodded, "Do you think I should invite him to the Ice Cream Gathering tonight at the home?"

"I don't see why not. Just ask and see what he says. What's the worst that could happen?"

"He thinks I'm a clingy idiot who doesn't know how to leave him alone?" I questioned.

Liam rolled his eyes and went back to typing. "You know that won't happen. Call him."

"Nah, he's working a shift. I'll just go to the store he works at. Wanna come with and meet him?

Liam shook his head, looking down at his lap. He's not exactly one for meeting people, because if he meets them then he'll have to explain everything and that's all a little too much for him.

Liam has neurogenic mutism caused by a surgery he had to remove a brain tumor years ago. Most people do gain their speech back after a while, but Liam just hasn't and they don't know if he will. He just has a hard time telling that to people. I was friends with him way before all of it started, so I've just sort of been his support system since.

"Alright, mate. If you change your mind about meeting him, he'll probably be at the home tonight. You're always welcome to come."

"I know. Thanks, Harry."

"Of course." I patted Liam's shoulder before standing up from the couch. I took in a deep breath before walking out the door. The sooner I ask him, the less time I have to chicken out.

Hello Humans, So this chapter is tiny and short and I'm sorry about that. The purpose of this chapter was just to give some insight into Harry's individual life. Also, I did hella research for Liam's character, so hopefully, all of it is correct. In case it wasn't clear, he uses a text-to-speech tablet to speak instead of ASL because it's just easier for him. Another thing, there was a POV switch in the middle of here, so hopefully, that was clear enough. Harry is a hot mess because of Louis lol. Okay, enough words. Another chapter is gonna come soon because I feel bad about how short this one is. Alright, bye!

PS: please suggest some ice cream flavors for chapter titles because I'm running out already and that's an ISSUE.

Okay bye