Cookies N' Cream

Harry

Soon enough, Jackie found her way to Louis again, and he started chatting with her. I was staring at them playing together for a little while before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was. Turns out, Liam decided to make his way over. He whipped his head to the side, telling me to come with him.

We went into my office, which was just a few feet away from the gathering. As soon as we made it there, my arms made there way around Liam.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you."

Liam smiled and pulled out his tablet.

"Happy to see me?" He asked.

"Extremely. I have like zero self-control and all I want to do is hold his hand and make eye contact with him for way longer than socially acceptable. If you're here you can help me keep myself in check." I started pacing again after a little while of silence. Liam grabbed my arm, forcing me to stop. When he let go he made a 'calm down' motion with his hands.

"Look, at some point you should just bite the bullet, mate," Liam typed.

"Well, now is not that point. Did you change your mind about wanting to meet him?" I asked, really hoping his answer changed. If it hasn't then I won't shame him for it but a man can hope.

Liam sighed and started to type.

"I'll meet him, but only if you explain everything first. I don't want to do it."

"Okay, I can do that. Want me to explain how you speak and stuff?" It's not the first time I've explained the situation to people for him.

Liam nodded his head. "See if he can sign, please."

"Alright, mate. I'll be back in a few."

-

When I got back out to Louis, Jackie wasn't with him anymore, which was nice. I didn't want to tell her that she had to leave so we could talk. That would just feel rude.

"Hey, where did you go?" Louis asked once he saw me.

"My friend came and wanted to talk to me."

"You have other friends?" He chuckled lightly at the ages-old joke.

"Yes, you goof. He actually wants to meet you."

"Alright, where is he?" Louis began looking around for him even though he doesn't even know what he looks like.

"Before you meet him though, he wanted me to tell you this. Liam's mute. It's neurogenic, caused by brain surgery a long time ago, but don't talk to him about that. He still has conversations using a text to speech app thing, but he prefers to use ASL. You know any?" Louis started saying something in sign language in response, like the cheeky lad he is.

He signed 'Does this answer your question?'

"That'll do it. I know some, but I'm not great at it so he uses the app around me. I'm trying to get better at it so he doesn't have to."

"I can understand that. Can I meet the dude now? Any more stalling and I'm gonna start thinking that he isn't real."

"Of course you can. He is very real and I shall show that to you."

I walked away from Louis and the world's largest grin spread onto my face. He's too sweet.

Liam was sat on my desk when I got back to him, scrolling through his Instagram. He looked up when he heard me walk into the room and gave me a questioning look.