Strawberry

"You owe me a roller skating trip," trip. Because I so totally didn't almost say date. Harry told me we would go skating when I felt better a few days ago and well, now I feel better so guess where we're going to be in a few hours. If I play my cards right, we'll be at the roller rink.

"I do." Harry was just lounging on his couch, one foot falling over the armrest, the other pulled up to his chest because he's tall like that and he can.

Today is the first time I've ever been to Harry's flat, and let me just say that it's really quite nice. Not nice as in huge or anything, just ... nice. It's well kept and nicely decorated. He really wasn't lying when he said he had a huge freezer. He has it separated into two sections. 80% of the freezer is filled with every type of ice cream imaginable, the other 20% is filled with random bits and bobs like frozen chicken and TV meals and such.

"They open at one ya know?"

"Is that so?" He said with mock interest. He shifted positions so he was now manspreading on the couch, one hand stroking his nonexistent beard.

"It is. It's always best when no one is there because you can go as crazy as you want. It's also best for optimal teaching opportunities," I played along. I also made my eyes just a bit larger for added effect.

"Well, then I guess we'll just have to go then. Do you think you'll be well enough? Your fever just broke yesterday. You sure you don't still feel under the weather?"

"Yes dad, I think I'll be fine. I feel about as prime as a mime now."

"That made no sense, but alright. I'll take you roller skating later."

"Yay!"

"You're a child."

"Says the person with a freezer full of ice cream."

Just like I had predicted, we were out the door and headed to the roller rink by 12:30. As expected, the car park was totally empty with the exception of a few cars from the workers.

-

"Okay, so basically, these are skates," I pointed to the counter where the rental skates are, "But they aren't the skates that we'll be using today."

"Then which skates will we be using? We can't just strap wheels to our shoes."

After Harry and I entered the rink, I started showing him what everything was. He probably already knew what half of it was, but it was fun to pretend like he didn't. Plus, it gave me the chance to confuse him like this.

"We, my friend, will be using the skates behind the counter, not the ones in the case."

"Ha. Ha."

I didn't respond to that, instead, I just swung my arm over his shoulder and proceeded to lead us to a table at the back of the rink. We grabbed our skates, then walked back over to our bench to lace them up. I would usually opt for rollerblades instead of skates, but I needed to go slower for Harry today, so skates it is.

Harry and I started with the basic task of standing up, which for him seemed to be much harder than it should have been. I ended up having to support him as he initially stood up. If I thought this was difficult, skating would be a whole new ordeal. I tried having him skate around on the carpeting a little bit, just trying to walk in his skates as if they were shoes. He seemed to pick up on this pretty easily after I explained that he didn't have to lift his feet high off the ground just to take a step.

Eventually, we tried to just stand on the actual rink itself. Let's just say that didn't go well.

"Okay! New plan. How about you stand right here, because you're already pretty steady, and watch me do a lap around the rink? I'll just do a basic lap and you can watch, taking notes on my form and such. Sound good?"

"Um, yeah, I guess that could work. But wouldn't it just be better for you to show me as I'm trying? I can't really pick up on things as I watch them happen. I've never really been able to."

"Sure, that works too. I was just going off of how I learned." I skated around to the side of Harry -I was in front of him- and gently laid a hand on his shoulder. "So basically, you want to bend your knees just a tad. Not too much, but enough to give you leverage. Yeah, like that. We're gonna start small, so just act like you're walking, but don't lift your feet off of the ground."

"Like this?" Harry started moving a bit, except he wasn't very steady on his skates. He was going to fall.

"Sort of. Here," I moved from his side to the back of him and grabbed his hips, gently pushing him along. "Like this." I let go of his hips and went back around to his sides.

"Okay, this isn't too hard, I guess."

As it turns out, Harry actually wasn't a bad skater. He picked up on the form pretty easily and after that, he seemed pretty confident. Once he was steady enough on his own, I had him try to skate without my help for a little bit so I could do a lap around the massive rink. I ended up pulling a few tricks out of my sleeves too, successfully baffling Harry.

"You didn't tell me you could do that!" He exclaimed after we sat down at a table, mini corndogs in hand.

I just shrugged my shoulders. "You didn't ask." Harry rolled his eyes before popping a corndog into his mouth.

Harry and I made casual conversation for a little while as the rink started to fill up. We decided we were done skating but still continued to sit at the table. There was this moment, though, when there was only one corndog left in the basket, and Harry and I both went to reach for it at the same time. We were in the middle of a laugh, so we didn't notice what was happening until I felt cool metal sting my hand again. I looked down at the basket and Harry did too. We looked back up at each other and Harry pulls his hands away.

"Oops," His deep voice rings out, and then we're laughing again as though nothing happened.

A/N: Let's be honest here, I feel like this chapter majorly sucks. I need to put more of Harry in here and introduce another character, but it's not going so well. Another thing is, please don't follow these skating tips. I can't even skate, so there's a chance they aren't anywhere close to how you would actually skate. Anyway, I hope you like this kinda crappy chapter!