Little snake

1month Later

Medusa's POV

The market was bustling with people, werewolves from all over the kingdom came to the famous market of silk and weapon in Reona, a small city in the heart of the northern regime of Werewolves.

The roads were old and dusty but the market was shining brightly to attract the merchants and buyers.

My face was covered with a hooded black cloak to avoid gaining any attention from my lilac irises and long silver hair as the royal soldiers were searching for me like starving hyenas.

"Go!" I commanded the horse I bought a month ago to move forward, away from this place, his white mane was flowing with the wind signifying the Independence and control he arrived for...which I strived for. The weather was cloudy indicating to a huge strom coming.

I needed to see Rhysand...at any cost.

If I hadn't decided to swallow my tears and take a step out of the cottage a week ago I would never have known the chaos crawling like dark shadows trying to threaten me and my whole goddamn world.

Dad avoided the areas with more population at all costs, he was busy collecting arms and soilders to wage a war against the Alpha King, earlier my father wanted the throne for me but now seeing the condition of the people living here, the poverty and torment....I wanted it.

I rounded the streets going with a fast pace, heading towards the isolated parts of the woods. Nobody paid me any attention due to my costume being similar to a man.

A week ago I visited Reona's market to buy a dagger for myself only to see people circling the high order building which was announcing a hefty amount of prize and posters of a girl to catch hold of. Mine, the picture was mine with bold letters adorning the thin page- 'Princess of Rogues, Medusa'

Was that the reason Rhysand had send me away from the barbaric werewolf king?My brain was in complete turmoil for past few days.

"I love you Medusa and I don't want to hurt you princess."

I recalled his words, If he wanted me to be defeated...why leave me and give me a chance to rise? Why let me get out of his grasp? Was he... protecting me? My heart said he was.

The real question was from whom. He was a Lycan and my mate, there wasn't a single law that could take me away from him.....was there?

It was like a big puzzle and I have decided to put all the pieces together.

My horse carried me with a fast pace through the woods. I was traveling since three days passing town after town to reach here, the pathway leading directly to the capital.

I left a note for dad, hoping he would understand and have faith in me and I know he would.

I stopped the stallion abruply, hissing of snakes could be heard behind the huge rock blocking my way. It was a way of nature to warn me.

Since my childhood, snakes have guided me throughout my life. And if they were hissing..it meant danger.

I opened the translucent bottle of venom kept in my belt-pouch, raising it directly above my lips to drink a single drop. The venom had no affect of me other than hiding my scent.

I swiftly dropped from the back of the horse, planting my middle and index finger to the ground. I could sense soft vibrations charging towards my direction.

Hiding my horse behind the thick leafy veins in the shade of huge rocks, I moved out of the unsymmetrical circle of magnanimous stones with significant gaps in between to watch the scene unfolding infront of me.

"Warriors" my hand tightened around my sword, they have to be two hundred atleast. Their blue uniforms and gladiator helmets did nothing to hide their devious deeds.

"With your permission elder Avalon, we intend to camp here. Soldiers you can go in the woods to collect food but don't venture too far, we will have two more battalions till tomorrow."

My jaw clenched to that. Looks like I was staying in these bushes tonight.

I sat down on the ground watching the clouds drifting apart and snowflakes drizzling down.

I took out a white sheet of drapery fabric from the big pouch hanging from the horse side and collected some small pieces of woods to create a safety cover above our head from snow.

It must have been five hours since the soldiers have stepped foot infront of me and I was done creating a shelter. The night had fallen and the snow has engulfed the earth in a thick white blanket. I guess I should go and see-

"Who is there?" A deep husky voice made my eyes widen.

The strides of the person were directioned towards me, I tightened my hold on my sword and leapt the gaps between the rocks, diving silently into the lake.

My body went underwater at the exact same moment the warrior removed entered the circle of rocks. I didn't knew how longer I could breathe in the freezing water but I was not going to leave my horse alone out there.

My breath hitched when a hand wrapped around my wrist pulling me above the surface. I took out my sword aimed to strike-

"Little snake if you didn't come out of water this instant, I am going to spank your ass red."

My eyes widened "Rhysand?"
************
The people who have read this chapter, I am sorry to inform that it was too bland and straightforward for my thinking so I broke the chapter in two parts editing it.