Again

Medusa's POV
PART 1

Horrors of past had decided to pay me a sweet visit again. Tears trailed my cheeks as I couldn't comprehend how could a father do that to his own child.

The horrific dream has awoken me, the only difference was that it wasn't a dream, it was reality of how Rhysand came to me, the night I was in the rock circle admist of frost and snow. A vision I has seen into Rhysand's past...again.

My heart seem to beat frantically as I twisted the black duvet in my hands. Something was wrong and I needed to see him as soon as I could. My intuition was screaming.

I stepped out of the bed hurriedly searching the almost empty brick walls for my leather pouch, it had been hanging from a rusted hook.

I unhinged it opening it to take out a drug, I pulled a long whiff of the powder inhaling it into my lungs-Foac. Withdrawing a hand mirror from the same pouch I watched my eyes turning light brown in it from the drug's reaction.

I knew I didn't have much time. The drug would wear off soon and it's side effects would start showing and I needed to find Rhysand before that.

I covered myself with cloak and rushed out to the door locking it safely.
_____________________________________

It wasn't hard to reach the spring festival, thousands of oil lamps were lighted throughout the field in numerous colours which were visible from afar. Humongous red tents were set along with some small blue ones lined at sides.

I stole the dress made for female entertainers and disguised myself as one to pave my way inside, my senses were heightened due to the danger constantly surrounding me.

It was a matter of time till Rhysand traced my scent. I know what I was doing was lethal and it was going to bring a tsunami of mayhem when Rhysand would see me disguised as a dancer among those lecherous men but right now I didn't cared about anything except his safety.

The women around me had caked their faces with makeup to attract more men than others, while I was here I a war myself, it was a battle of survival for them.

My dress was almost similar to them, a light pink bra showing ample cleavage while my belly was exposed rimmed with a hip belt along with a full length skirt dark pink skirt. My face was covered with a matching scarf only allowing my eyes to show.

I entered a huge canvas filled with chatter of men and belly full laughter echoing in my ears. Men were receiving lap dances from the women while they boasted off their wealth.

"This vase my frrrriiends, i-is made from the p-pure glaaass from Spaiiiin, the red R-Ruby yoou see hereee is from Cuubaaa." A man slurred, clearly intoxicated.

"Alam! our merchandise is much better than you and certainly we are wealthier than you." Several men laughed at that.

"Idiots! The kinnng has sent mee forr a mission-" he hissed making my ears perk up.

"I aaam a sppyyy... knoww something yyou can never know-" he wheezed out coughing.

I was just serving a merchant when my body froze upon hearing his next words.
"- The banished Prince." A silence fell upon as he waved his hands trying to convey he was the best among his circle of contact.

"Have you seen him?"

"Isn't he dead?"

"Is he here?" Murmurs errupted throughout the place.

I creeped behind the man Alam offering him a drink flirtatiously as he offered me a smile making bile rise up my throat.

"Pretty gall"  I sat on his lap seductively. My skin crawled at his touch as  I took the bronze wine glass from his hand taking a sip, my tongue releasing venom into the glass.