Conquer

The break of the dawn was going to bring an avalanche of emotions, stratus of dark gray clouds layered together were forming a thick covering in sky preventing any sunlight to seep through the pores.

Cold snow painted the earth white instead of the greens of forest grounds. Rhysand extended his hand searching for Medusa in his sleep.

Sleep was a blessing to him, his childhood had been filled with nightmares no child should ever be bestowed with.

His golden irises fluttered open in alarm upon hearing horses neigh in terror.
His eyes searched the vicinity of the rock circle only to find his mate and all her belongings gone.

"Medusa" he raised to his full height, trying to locate her intoxicating scent.

And the odours which greeted him were enough to produce a dark feral growl shaking the core foundations of the forest grounds.

He smelt blood and faint ash.

He frantically moved out of the circle transforming into his majestic Lycan wolf, it's midnight fur shining with canines bared to tear apart anyone intending to harm his Medusa. The thought of his mate gone was turning him carnal.

Just yesterday she was in his arms, moaning like a canary, her voice honey dipped, all sweet......safe.

His paws thrummed, carrying him to the warrior camp, entering the red canvas of the tents without making a single sound with the only intention of killing.

His eyes narrowed, the solders were dead..... carved into stone, their expressions frozen and eyes wide opened as they have seen death in all its magnanimous glory.

He searched other tents in a daze meeting with the same outcome.

"Good morning my Lycan." Medusa was sitting on a tree branch observing Rhysand with keen eyes.

"Medusa" he whispered, his claws transforming into hands same as his whole body.

Medusa jumped down gracefully landing on her feet, dragging the blade of her sword on the hard ground, producing sparks and embers from friction.

He stood in front of her, his clothes in tatters from the shift while his eyes containing rage.

"What did you do?" His golden irises wildly searching her body for any injury as she walked closer to him. She pulled him down to her level, his lips an inch away from hers.

"You took everything away from me and I... I just snatched it back, an army, land and above all you. It's all fun and games till the snake comes out to play.

You took my heart with you....i took away yours."

He watched her intensely, his brain putting together the pieces of puzzle that was her, his eyes harden when the realization of what she had done dawned upon him.

"You ambushed the Royal Army."

"I saw snippets of your past. The violet gem you gave me opens a window to past and future isn't it? I saw your own father inflicting unspeakable torments upon you.

Each night I have a nightmare like that taking me to your past and to think that my mate has lived those nightmares....you see my precious Lycan...my snakes are starving for vengeance."

He held the nape of her neck as his fingers gently wrapped around her throat pulling her even closer.

"You don't know him Medusa, Valium can do far worse. You are going to stay away from him, you are going to stay by my side."

She opened her mouth to speak as he smashed his lips to her, kissing her with a punishing pace. His fingers uncurled from around her throat to gave a three hard smacks to her ass making her moan in the kiss as he plunged his tongue in her mouth dominating it.

Medusa pulled away breathing heavily looking directly into his angry eyes.

"When my father told me that you are the banished prince I didn't believe him.

You never uttered a single word about yourself and I wanted to wait for you but I didn't know your faith in me was so weak that you wouldn't even tell me what your monster of father did to you for all those years.

And will you look at this?" Medusa put her wrist against his chest angrily, her wound from yesterday had healed completely, not even a scratch present on her creamy skin.

"You healed." He stated nonchalantly pulling her flush against his naked chest.

"Exactly! I am not supposed to heal that quickly... I never did. That violet gem is precious, it did this. How can you ever give it to me knowing you need it the most?

It warns from any catastrophe, heals you and you without any thought you put it around my neck. Are you insane?"

Medusa spat with fire in her eyes, they were fighting when all she wanted to do was to get on her knees, rip off his pants and take his cock in her mouth for he had loved her like nobody can ever do. He was selfless for her.

"I am insane" he whispered in her ear.
"....for you, I am beyond insanity."

"Let me come with you, I want to kill him with my own hands Rhysand."

"NO!" He pulled away, glaring at her.
"No? WHY THE HELL NOT?" she argued right back.

"BECAUSE HE IS GIVEN A BLESSING OF LIVING TILL ETERNITY! You may have seen me challenging him for a duel when I was twelve in those dreams of yours.

Did you ever thought what came over me to take such an extreme measure?" He held her shoulders, lips kissing her forehead.

"Tell me Rhysand." she whispered as he looked into her eyes with his own saddened ones and the first time since Medusa has met him, she saw tremendous horror and disgust with sadness overpowering the golden eyes.

"On my twelfth birthday the oldest council member alive, Lady Kara came to meet me, she was very close to me so when she gave this violet ember, I was overjoyed.

She said it was meant for the one who was Savior of souls. " He chuckled dryly as Medusa kissed his knuckles.

"But as soon as she wrapped it around my neck... I saw visions which changed my reality.

I saw Valium beheading my little brother in front of my eyes, he screamed for my help, cried, but I was frozen in my place, no sounds escaping my throat as scarlet blood oozed out his neck and the next second his head was detached from his body.

I didn't even have time to collect myself from that horrifying scene as another unfolded in front of me.

There was a small gentle creature...a fairy or maybe a nymph bound to the dirty concrete walls with heavy chains in a dungeon. I remember seeing Valium watching her with malice.....he raped her Medi.

I was standing there tears streaming down my face as I tried moving my body with all my might as she took his abuse screeching and wailing for help. Those whimpers of pain that escaped her... they were so agonizing Medusa... She was so small maybe an year or two elder than me... practically a child herself. "

Crystal droplets trailed Medusa's face as she listened to Rhysand holding her breath.

"It went blur afterwards only for me to come to the same place my brother was beheaded.... I remembered being shocked and extremely reviled to know it was just a bad dream but then Valium did actually come angry as ever asking for my brother.

And I knew I had to save them that I had seen future with my own eyes.

So I did challenge that monster, asking my brother to free the fairy and run till I fought. Later I came to know that she is my brother's mate Medusa and knowing that they both are safe made me felt worth of something.

I lost that day Medi.....but I have never been more happy to lose."

****************
Note: Medusa still doesn't knows that Lucien is Rhysand's brother.

PS: NEXT CHAPTER IS SMUTTT
18+